The Student Room Group

Too early to think about a transfer?

I have just began my course and so far it's not too bad, but I really dislike the place I am studying, its just very loud and Iam a very quiet person, I visited my girlfriend at her uni and I really like it more, its more of what I want when it comes to a university.

I have only lived here for 12 days but I just keep thinking about if transferring to a different university is a bad idea or is actually good.
I am doing computer science which my girlfriends school do and it would mean I have someone nearby cause so far I am very lonely.

I am doing my foundation year, which then moves onto 3 further years of my main course, just would like to know if it may be possible to transfer for the remaining 3 years to her school or even to a school in my hometown of Belfast or even close.

May add my girlfriend has no reason to do with my education I am just thinking her uni is exactly what I want from a learning environment and also I least know someone there unlike here where I am very lonely and know for a fact I don't fit in due to me not being big into drinking alcohol and being more of a school first person and not a fun first sort of guy.

any help would be appreciated.
Yes, after a foundation year you should be able to apply to any uni for the same course but best to make enquiries now.

Quick Reply

Latest