Too early to think about a transfer?

Watch
Bak01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have just began my course and so far it's not too bad, but I really dislike the place I am studying, its just very loud and Iam a very quiet person, I visited my girlfriend at her uni and I really like it more, its more of what I want when it comes to a university.

I have only lived here for 12 days but I just keep thinking about if transferring to a different university is a bad idea or is actually good.
I am doing computer science which my girlfriends school do and it would mean I have someone nearby cause so far I am very lonely.

I am doing my foundation year, which then moves onto 3 further years of my main course, just would like to know if it may be possible to transfer for the remaining 3 years to her school or even to a school in my hometown of Belfast or even close.

May add my girlfriend has no reason to do with my education I am just thinking her uni is exactly what I want from a learning environment and also I least know someone there unlike here where I am very lonely and know for a fact I don't fit in due to me not being big into drinking alcohol and being more of a school first person and not a fun first sort of guy.

any help would be appreciated.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, after a foundation year you should be able to apply to any uni for the same course but best to make enquiries now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (17)
56.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
10%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (4)
13.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.33%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
6.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise