The Student Room Group

Is a Law LLB a ‘related subject’ to history?

Hey there, I’m looking at applying for a masters in either Medieval and Renaissance Studies UCL or Medieval History KCL. I have finished my law degree and have ticked the academic entry requirement as I’m above a 2:1. Medieval history has long been my passion and I can easily fill my personal statement with good stuff. However, I am anxious whether law is considered ‘a related subject’ to history…

This is what it says on the KCL website:

Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in history or related subjects such as politics. Students without a history degree may be required to show relevant research skills in order to be accepted.
Original post by Baek Seung-Jo
Hey there, I’m looking at applying for a masters in either Medieval and Renaissance Studies UCL or Medieval History KCL. I have finished my law degree and have ticked the academic entry requirement as I’m above a 2:1. Medieval history has long been my passion and I can easily fill my personal statement with good stuff. However, I am anxious whether law is considered ‘a related subject’ to history…

This is what it says on the KCL website:

Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours in history or related subjects such as politics. Students without a history degree may be required to show relevant research skills in order to be accepted.

I suggest that you ask King's directly. Law would have a lot of similar skills so it's definitely not unreasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending