The Student Room Group

what unis offer most practical

I'm applying to uni this month and I'm kinda stuck on where to apply. My main are bristol, Edinburgh and RVC. (I've been trying to decide whether to bother applying to Edinburgh since its so difficult to get into) and stuck between Surrey, Glasgow and nottingham for my fourth :/ I would prefer to attend one with a good bit of practical work.

help a gal out lol
unless you are Scottish I certainly wouldn't go for both Edinburgh and Glasgow - they have quotas. They are all practical as the RCVS has set out the course requirements to achieve accreditation. Have you been able to visit any?
Original post by bronaghmc029
I'm applying to uni this month and I'm kinda stuck on where to apply. My main are bristol, Edinburgh and RVC. (I've been trying to decide whether to bother applying to Edinburgh since its so difficult to get into) and stuck between Surrey, Glasgow and nottingham for my fourth :/ I would prefer to attend one with a good bit of practical work.

help a gal out lol

Hi there

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions, please let me know!

Becca (Psychology Student)
Original post by ReadingMum
unless you are Scottish I certainly wouldn't go for both Edinburgh and Glasgow - they have quotas. They are all practical as the RCVS has set out the course requirements to achieve accreditation. Have you been able to visit any?

no i live in Ireland so I've only had some online open days! thanks very much i think i'll leave Glasgow just
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions, please let me know!

Becca (Psychology Student)

thank u so much! :smile:
Nottingham is known to be the most practical, I would argue Liverpool second

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending