The Student Room Group

My life is crap compared to everyone else i know

Hi everyone as the title states my life is crap compared to everyone i know.

My sister- Her life is better because she is older than me, had the benefit my parents when they were younger, went to 6th form instead of college, had had better brakes career wise and better prospects.

My friends- Have better jobs than me, most are in relationships

Myself- i`m single, live on my own have a crap job
Reply 1
Stop comparing yourself to other people and be proactive in trying to change whatever it is about your situation that is making you unhappy. However, being single and living on your own shouldn't be seen as problematic; there's lots of people do that and are happy.
The grass always seems greener on the other side, but you’re the only one that can change those things for yourself. If you don’t like your job, you could quit and get a new one or work towards qualifying for a better one maybe? If you don’t want to be single, try making a few dating profiles online or go out to common places to try to meet people. You could also try to find a roommate if you don’t want to live alone.
I think it’s helpful to try to be happy for others and to use their success as motivation to gain your own. You see these things and know that’s what you want for your life, so the next step is to try to make that happen for yourself. Wishing you the best and I hope things change for the better!
The grass is always greener on the other side because it always is. Nothing ever goes right for me i work hard never get any reward.

Everything is just so hopeless.
Maby i`m just a looser
Reply 5
Original post by pavementchaser
Maby i`m just a looser

Hi, there you are not a loser you are far from one. Just know that everyone has there own path in life. And I get that it looks like everyone is doing better than you but they are not sweetie. Keep your head up. If you need someone to talk. Dm your insta and we can talk.
Original post by Elmig
Hi, there you are not a loser you are far from one. Just know that everyone has there own path in life. And I get that it looks like everyone is doing better than you but they are not sweetie. Keep your head up. If you need someone to talk. Dm your insta and we can talk.

I am i only left school with 2 GCSE`s and had to go to college and do a GNVQ intermediate level qualification. I was too thick to do A levels so i had to do Btec nationals instead.
Reply 7
I am i only left school with 2 GCSE`s and had to go to college and do a GNVQ intermediate level qualification. I was too thick to do A levels so i had to do Btec nationals instead.

There's nothing stopping you getting further qualifications and changing jobs.
Reply 8
I can’t tell if this a troll or not LOL. If you didn’t want to consider any sort of advise in this thread why did you start it? Also, BTECs are not only for dumb people, I know plenty of 2021 students who finished their BTECs this year and are off to unis like Bristol, Warwick, Southampton, etc. Just because you didn’t have the effort to put in work to get good grades doesn’t mean the qualification is bad (same goes for your relationship status, career). If I was you I would take time to understand what is actually going wrong with you and work on it.
(edited 2 years ago)
This used to be my mindset until i made the change but I’m not completely there yet but i know i will i believe in myself, i have hope, i will not stop working on myself and aiming to achieve better in life, for myself because if you don’t do it yourself noone will, don’t settle for less, do what it takes, i know some days it will be harder than others but the key is to never give up, we all are human we all have downs and lows its what you do about it that matters

Don’t put yourself down, prove everyone wrong and most of all yourself, also keep your failures and L’s on the low only make noise for your wins don’t give up

You can do this!
Original post by ryanh288
I can’t tell if this a troll or not LOL. If you didn’t want to consider any sort of advise in this thread why did you start it? Also, BTECs are not only for dumb people, I know plenty of 2021 students who finished their BTECs this year and are off to unis like Bristol, Warwick, Southampton, etc. Just because you didn’t have the effort to put in work to get good grades doesn’t mean the qualification is bad (same goes for your relationship status, career). If I was you I would take time to understand what is actually going wrong with you and work on it.

Woo who said i didn't do well qualification wise.

But I was always lead to believe when i was younger that if you were clever you went to 6th form and if you were thick you went to college.

I wish i had proper A levels.
Reply 11
In the politest way possible, pull your finger out and stop living in this pity party, it helps no one, least of all you.
You have a job, unlike many, even if you dont like it and you can always look for a new one. You have friends and family, thats what counts, and theres no reason to be comparing yourself against them - especially as they could be just as, if not more, miserable.
Go find some new things to do, people to meet to try and get yourself out of the rut. It might feel bad fromn your perspective but in the grand scheme of things you've got little to worry about.
I dont say this to be cruel, i know exactly how you feel, i've been there myself on a number of occassions but life has a way of straightening itself out eventually if youre willing to put the effort in and change your mindset. The longer you keep telling yourself youre a failure the harder itll be to realise its bull.
I'm not going to lie my friend your definitely a looser. Your probably also a huge dunderhead, and slightly more than you would like to admit feel lonely and lost. That's just part of the human experience though. We're all deeply flawed cumbersome idiots. It's really a surprise we found fire.

But to be even more honest you need to cease the day. If you hate your job find a new entry of specification, that is exciting to you. The world is often full of possiblity. You can study biotechnology and work in genome engineering and human gene therapy, you become a scholar of ancient languages or take a keen interest in architecture. You can help people who are struggling with what you were with when you were in school by trying to be the most inclusive teacher possible and aiding people who are feeling disassociated from school because of their wondering minds or stark personalities. You can travel the world exposing yourself to different cultures and different people. There's likely even possiblity of you becoming passionate about accounting or equity law. Who's to say their boring?!! Your not bound or restricted to anything outside of physical laws your free to feel and think and imagine. The world is your oyster!! You don't have to talk to people who seem mundane, or parents that make you feel melancholy about your being. In the most frank way, life is to short to be worrying about such insignificant things. Overused or otherwise. You have to ask yourself what the meaning of life is to you. Is it helping as much people and life as possible? What about reaching calm and serenity in the face of suffering? What about contemplating about our place in the physical world, thinking about wether the universe will eventually cease to exist due to the laws of thermodynamics? Or asking deep metaphysical questions like how we're perceiving reality might be a lie or how we know something to be objectively true considering a perspective is by definition a limited view of something. How can we know decipher towards an ultimate perspective?
GCSE's, A levels, college, etc they don't determine your self worth, they barely mean anything. You just need to set your goals and do it.
Original post by Anonymous
GCSE's, A levels, college, etc they don't determine your self worth, they barely mean anything. You just need to set your goals and do it.

True but i can build a foundation
I have no friends, no family members apart from mum, dad and a brother. I have no job. I am a poor uni student and I have no money either. Be grateful..
True but i can build a foundation

Yes it's true that might give you a better foundation than the one you have now. But that is not available to you right now so you should focus on the options available to you now, instead of pondering the what ifs. BTEC's can open loads of doors, if you want to do better focus on doing the best you can on those qualifications, if you put in the effort it doesn't matter if you're a loser or not, you will definitely learn things you can use in the future. A lot of people on this thread have suggested a similar thing. It's because it's achievable and you need to try achieve it yourself. I'm sure your sister didn't just get dealt good cards for job opportunities, no matter how it seems, it's almost impossible to breeze your way through life. You need to focus on how to improve your situation, not mooning over other people's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending