flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mari Ota)
I'm currently living in a mixed flat in university accommodation. (I applied for a single-sex one, but was not accepted) I would like to ask if it would be rude to ask to separate the bathroom. There are2 bathroom s in my flat and I was sharing a bathroom with a girl. A new boy who just came in used our bathroom. Only one boy is using the other one, so if the new boy uses that one, it's gonna be a good balance.
Do you think it would be rude to ask the new boy to use the other bathroom? Does it sound offensive?
I don't feel good about sharing a bathroom with men, especially thinking about periods.
Hope to hear you guys opinions!
Not rude at all. I share with a girl but my flatmate shares with a boy. No issues either way. I’d probably phrase it like if 3 people are using one bathroom and 1 is using 1 then that’s not fair and then be like me and the other girl have already settled into the bathroom. I don’t see an issue with that. Do it causally when he happens to be in the room with you.

With periods I don’t do any period stuff in the bathroom anyway tbh. Obviously I shower and stuff but I mainly sort myself out in my room or put my stuff in my pockets. We aren’t allowed to keep loads of stuff in our bathrooms as the cleaners will refuse to clean it so I don’t keep anything in there anyway
Mari Ota
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
Not rude at all. I share with a girl but my flatmate shares with a boy. No issues either way. I’d probably phrase it like if 3 people are using one bathroom and 1 is using 1 then that’s not fair and then be like me and the other girl have already settled into the bathroom. I don’t see an issue with that. Do it causally when he happens to be in the room with you.

With periods I don’t do any period stuff in the bathroom anyway tbh. Obviously I shower and stuff but I mainly sort myself out in my room or put my stuff in my pockets. We aren’t allowed to keep loads of stuff in our bathrooms as the cleaners will refuse to clean it so I don’t keep anything in there anyway
Thanks a lot for your response, that was very helpful! Yes, as you say, it would be better to mention the number of people using each bathroom and ask him to use the other one.

About period, I don't leave things in there, but it doesn't flush well from time to time. For girls, it is kind of common stuff, but I really don't want boys to see that sort of stuff....
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks a lot for your response, that was very helpful! Yes, as you say, it would be better to mention the number of people using each bathroom and ask him to use the other one.

About period, I don't leave things in there, but it doesn't flush well from time to time. For girls, it is kind of common stuff, but I really don't want boys to see that sort of stuff....
Yeah I get that. Also what do you mean by it doesn't flush well? Do you flush sanitary products??
Mari Ota
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
Yeah I get that. Also what do you mean by it doesn't flush well? Do you flush sanitary products??
No,I don't flush sanitary products. I mean sometimes our toilet doesn't flush toilet paper even if you don't use much. So when I'm having my period, I'm always worried if any reddish stuff is left in the toilet... Sorry about talking about this, it's gross.
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No,I don't flush sanitary products. I mean sometimes our toilet doesn't flush toilet paper even if you don't use much. So when I'm having my period, I'm always worried if any reddish stuff is left in the toilet... Sorry about talking about this, it's gross.
Oh right I get you now! I've never had issues with that but yeah I get the concern!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (15)
55.56%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
11.11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.7%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
7.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads