Dating and Covid

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have been talking to a lad on a dating app, he is a fresher at my uni and lives in Halls.

We click so well, its unbelievable how much we are similar in a lot of ways. We want to meet up soon, even thought its been a couple weeks of talking, albeit constantly talking alot, however I am very concerned about the risk of COVID when meeting.

All my classes are currently online only, I haven't been on campus physically since the first lockdown, and it does make me very nervous going on campus though, as I, as well as my dad, fit under the previous "extremely clinically vulnerable" tag so have had a lot to contend with the past year and a bit. And he is very worried about me bringing anything back and wants me to me very careful out, which is understandable.

The lad I want to meet is very happy to do a Lateral flow before we meet up, and even said he wants to keep me safe, and will keep to masks, however I know he will want to invite me in and I don't foresee really keeping 2m away from each other or keeping a mask on in his room to be honest. And being halls too, and shared accommodation feels a bit of a risk.

I really don't know how to sort this? I feel like I am juggling with my mind, the opportunity to meet somebody, revive my social life and adventure, but also my own safety and safety of my family really.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So don't go on campus and don't go to his accommodation; meet up elsewhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise