Can asking a friend out twice sometimes work? If the second time is a while after?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If you get rejected by a close friend once, can asking a second time (after a year) sometimes work?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please don't do this. Respect their wishes and move on.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
Please don't do this. Respect their wishes and move on.
I do respect her wishes. Hence why I haven’t tried anything since she rejected me. But I really love her and my feelings for her keep getting stronger.
EternalKnight_02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It never works, trust me.
Anonymous #1
And also I think there is a part of her who does like me.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I do respect her wishes. Hence why I haven’t tried anything since she rejected me. But I really love her and my feelings for her keep getting stronger.
Asking her again after a year is the very opposite of respecting her wishes. It's quite selfish and puts her in a dreadful position.
Anonymous #1
Asking her again after a year is the very opposite of respecting her wishes. It's quite selfish and puts her in a dreadful position.
So my wishes don’t matter? Surely it should be a mutual thing. We never really discussed it before. I just sent a quick text at a bad time and she sent me back a rejection text.
Sharon033
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t be a fool who can’t take no for an answer
EternalKnight_02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sharon033)
Don’t be a fool who can’t take no for an answer
Preach
Anonymous #1
I can understand if it’s someone you don’t know very well or if it’s just a friend you see in a group or occasionally. But in my case, I feel like we pretty much do everything a couple does together except the intimacy part.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can understand if it’s someone you don’t know very well or if it’s just a friend you see in a group or occasionally. But in my case, I feel like we pretty much do everything a couple does together except the intimacy part.
Yes, because you are good friends. This activity is predicated on the fact that she isn't reomantically interested in you.

To answer your previous question, no, your wishes don't matter because you have already asked and had your answer, regardless of the circumstances.
Anonymous #1
Yes, because you are good friends. This activity is predicated on the fact that she isn't reomantically interested in you.

To answer your previous question, no, your wishes don't matter because you have already asked and had your answer, regardless of the circumstances.
I don’t have options. I always get rejected by everyone. So for me, it’s a risk which I have nothing to lose by taking.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, this is a red flag that your 'love' for this person is turning much more into an unhealthy obsession, break the friendship, only time and lack of contact will clear your mind (it hurts but honestly holding onto hope that doesn't exist ruins you, speaking from experience)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Max1989)
No, this is a red flag that your 'love' for this person is turning much more into an unhealthy obsession, break the friendship, only time and lack of contact will clear your mind (it hurts but honestly holding onto hope that doesn't exist ruins you, speaking from experience)
What’s an unhealthy obsession?
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have reasonable expectation to believe she would have changed her mind in that year?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1582)
Do you have reasonable expectation to believe she would have changed her mind in that year?
What’s reasonable expectation? Also what about asking her for feedback instead? Because at least that will help me in future with other people.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What’s an unhealthy obsession?
Not respecting her wishes and not being able to move on despite being rejected or her getting I was a relationship. Not that you have quite reached that level, but the longer you hold onto the hope that one day she might like you or that she liked you in the past, she rejected you in the past. It's not great for your mental health. And makes her feel very awkward and annoyed.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What’s reasonable expectation? Also what about asking her for feedback instead? Because at least that will help me in future with other people.
A reason to believe that she would have changed her mind. e.g. has she said something or otherwise given a clear indication that her feelings have changed on you since you asked her a year ago? If not then don't ask her.

Definitely don't ask her for feedback. Girls aren't like homework assignments; there isn't one correct answer that fits all! Just because you're not this girls type doesn't mean you need to change yourself or do anything differently next time.
Last edited by 1582; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Max1989)
Not respecting her wishes and not being able to move on despite being rejected or her getting I was a relationship. Not that you have quite reached that level, but the longer you hold onto the hope that one day she might like you or that she liked you in the past, she rejected you in the past. It's not great for your mental health. And makes her feel very awkward and annoyed.
She doesn’t seem annoyed with me despite over a year of liking her in that way.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1582)
A reason to believe that she would have changed her mind. e.g. has she said something or otherwise given a clear indication that her feelings have changed on you since you asked her a year ago? If not then don't ask her.

Definitely don't ask her for feedback. Girls aren't like homework assignments; there isn't one correct answer that fits all! Just because you're not this girls type doesn't mean you need to change yourself or do anything differently next time.
But surely if I’m continuously getting rejected by multiple women, I’m doing something wrong?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (177)
55.84%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.88%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.46%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.42%

Watched Threads