grace.allsopp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hiiii please help,Had an interview as a night stacker christmas temp at tesco. Got the job, but when i went to accept the offer it said that the pay was £8.91 an hour doing overnights? My friend is a supervisor there, and i’ve checked the tesco pay and i found that it was £11.85 an hour or something, friend said that it might be because i’m temp. is this right?
BH1010
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Base pay for a temp (& the first 3 months even if permanent) is £8.91. If you work overnight I believe you get a premium of x1.25 your base pay (so £11.14 an hour).

I presume it’s just listed as £8.91/hr on there because it’s classed as a premium on top of the base rate rather than you straight up being paid £11.14 an hour (as it gets split into 2 on your payslip)
grace.allsopp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BH1010)
Base pay for a temp (& the first 3 months even if permanent) is £8.91. If you work overnight I believe you get a premium of x1.25 your base pay (so £11.14 an hour).

I presume it’s just listed as £8.91/hr on there because it’s classed as a premium on top of the base rate rather than you straight up being paid £11.14 an hour (as it gets split into 2 on your payslip)
Ah! that makes sense, thank you! i couldn’t find anything online so i was a bit confused 😂
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by grace.allsopp)
Hiiii please help,Had an interview as a night stacker christmas temp at tesco. Got the job, but when i went to accept the offer it said that the pay was £8.91 an hour doing overnights? My friend is a supervisor there, and i’ve checked the tesco pay and i found that it was £11.85 an hour or something, friend said that it might be because i’m temp. is this right?
How much do Tesco pay shelf stackers on nightshift......
What is Tesco night premium pay.....
Night premium payments for eligible colleagues are also being increased by Tesco from £2.21 to £2.30 - a rise of 4.1 per cent

Your pay of £8.91p per hour is for first 12 weeks regardless of temporary or permanent staff, then it should increase to £9.30p per hour but from October a rise will increase hourly pay to £9.55p per hour for all staff except those in higher positions like t/leaders . supervisors & managers who paid more.

So add those together then you'll get around £11.85p per hour after your first 12 weeks ok.

I'm a t/leader and stand in supervisor as required with tesco.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (62)
13.42%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.39%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.87%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.33%

Watched Threads