hi111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I want to apply for University of Cambridge, and I am predicted the following grades:Mathematics A*Further Mathematics A*Chemistry A*Physics ABecause Physics and Mathematics are the required subject for engineering, I want to ask will the A in the physics predicted grades affect my chances in getting an interview and at the end, my chances of admission or will the other three grades be enough to cover it?I am very worried about this and I want to seek advice from the forumThankyou very much
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think most colleges don't specify the A* be in physics as their standard offer so in principle if you do well in the ENGAA you should have as good a chance of getting an interview as anyone else I would imagine. However, note that the colleges can specify one of the require A*s be in a particular subject, which has happened in the past (sometimes they do this if they feel an applicant is borderline and want to see if they can "stretch" to that particular requirement). That said from what I've read this seems less common these days than it used to be.

The ENGAA includes a lot of physics material though so to do well in it you need to be on top of that physics content. If you are predicted an A in A-level Physics this may be an indication you need to brush up on that material a bit more to ensure you can do well in the ENGAA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (148)
54.41%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.97%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.4%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.56%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.78%

Watched Threads