The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee Eligibility

Hi, was a little confused if I would be eligible for a tuition fee or not.

I was previously a student for a degree BSc (Hons) which I did not complete. And now wanted to to a Top Up course to turn those years I did do, into a degree BSc (Hons).

My full breakdown is as follows.
2011/12 I got full tuition fee £3,375. I also got Maintenance Loan and Grant.

2012/13 I got full tuition fee £3,465. I also got Maintenance Loan and Grant.

2013/14 I got tuition fee £658. This was my placement year. So the tuition fee was for the single placement year module. I also got Maintenance Loan.

2015/2016 I got full tuition fee £3,465. I also got Maintenance Loan and Grant. This was the final year of the degree. I was not able to complete it due to mental health issues and thus did not graduate. I did not resit or redo this year.

I am now looking at doing a top up course which is listed as a part time course £5250. This course can either be done in 1 year like a normal final year or in 2 years. The course fee remains the same. It's listed as a 'part time distance learning' so I know I am not eligible for any maintenance but it's tuition fee that confuses me.

Thank you for your help. I hope I explained everything well.
Reply 1
If mods could delete this thread or maybe lock it that would be fine. I found out I am eligible for funding for a top up after speaking to an advisor over the phone.
Original post by Restyled
If mods could delete this thread or maybe lock it that would be fine. I found out I am eligible for funding for a top up after speaking to an advisor over the phone.

Hi, glad to hear you got this resolved.

If you do have any further queries, please let us know.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending