Amena1111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys! Hope everyone’s well
My dilemma consists of, doing a degree in social work and previous experience/jobs were related to health/social work.
However now I’ve finished my degree I’ve realised I don’t want anything to do with this field…
Will I be required to do another degree to get into a different sector or does the degree itself count.
I am hoping to get into finance.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amena1111)
Hi guys! Hope everyone’s well
My dilemma consists of, doing a degree in social work and previous experience/jobs were related to health/social work.
However now I’ve finished my degree I’ve realised I don’t want anything to do with this field…
Will I be required to do another degree to get into a different sector or does the degree itself count.
I am hoping to get into finance.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
As social work isn't closely related to finance, I don't think you'd get into grad schemes etc. It might be worth doing another degree simply to make sure you're up to speed with what's required.
Amena1111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hmm that is true thank you!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends on the job/grad scheme youre after.. the relevence isnt great but then again few degrees are (really depends what you want to do in finance as well) the degree itself should stand in your favour though and it certainly isnt worth wasting another 3 years doing another one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (216)
56.4%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.05%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.49%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.62%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
6.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.44%

Watched Threads