Does my coworker like me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm 24, she's 19.
We're both working part time in a supermarket while at Uni - I'm not worried about the job, I'm not going to let it get in the way of a relationship, I think she feels the same.

Some info -
We both work weekends so I only see her 2 days a week.
We talk a lot at work, there's a lot of 'bullying' between us, she'll throw things at me like crumpled up receipts.
She also sticks out her leg to trip me a lot or if I'm trying to get past her she'll try to block me and just laughs about it.

She's always joking that I'm constantly taking breaks or that I don't do any work, and about how much coffee I drink.

She's always smiling/laughing when she's with me.
She stands very close to me, always calls me over to talk.
We could be rubbing shoulders of our hands could be touching if they're by our sides.
I catch her looking at me a lot when I'm talking to other people or helping customers.

I've started talking to her a little on snapchat, then one night I saw she added me to her private story.

She asked me out to lunch last week, but she was really nervous about it - she just kept hinting she was thinking of going to the cafe near our shop, asking what it was like etc.

We're also arranging a little get together with a few people from work, there's 5 of us she's the only girl but she's adamant she wants to come.
It started with one of the guys inviting me to his for the night so we could go for beers with one of the other lads (no real plan), but I told her and she was pretty insistent that I go and that it'd be fun.

One of our managers has been sleeping with an employee (they're the both early 20s), we were talking about it and she was saying how it's wrong because he's her boss and that makes it weird, but she also said 'well I think it's okay if you just work together' and how it's okay when you don't work on the same section (we don't work in the same section), like she was trying to see what I thought of it..

I'm trying not to over think it but that's not going well..
I'm also trying not to come across too eager, but that's a struggle.

Do you think she likes me?
Allyson2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 24, she's 19.
We're both working part time in a supermarket while at Uni - I'm not worried about the job, I'm not going to let it get in the way of a relationship, I think she feels the same.

Some info -
We both work weekends so I only see her 2 days a week.
We talk a lot at work, there's a lot of 'bullying' between us, she'll throw things at me like crumpled up receipts.
She also sticks out her leg to trip me a lot or if I'm trying to get past her she'll try to block me and just laughs about it.

She's always joking that I'm constantly taking breaks or that I don't do any work, and about how much coffee I drink.

She's always smiling/laughing when she's with me.
She stands very close to me, always calls me over to talk.
We could be rubbing shoulders of our hands could be touching if they're by our sides.
I catch her looking at me a lot when I'm talking to other people or helping customers.

I've started talking to her a little on snapchat, then one night I saw she added me to her private story.

She asked me out to lunch last week, but she was really nervous about it - she just kept hinting she was thinking of going to the cafe near our shop, asking what it was like etc.

We're also arranging a little get together with a few people from work, there's 5 of us she's the only girl but she's adamant she wants to come.
It started with one of the guys inviting me to his for the night so we could go for beers with one of the other lads (no real plan), but I told her and she was pretty insistent that I go and that it'd be fun.

One of our managers has been sleeping with an employee (they're the both early 20s), we were talking about it and she was saying how it's wrong because he's her boss and that makes it weird, but she also said 'well I think it's okay if you just work together' and how it's okay when you don't work on the same section (we don't work in the same section), like she was trying to see what I thought of it..

I'm trying not to over think it but that's not going well..
I'm also trying not to come across too eager, but that's a struggle.

Do you think she likes me?
Well only way to know if this lass likes you or not is to ask her out for a meal or drink.
You got nothing to lose in asking her ok.
If it was me I would defo be asking her out if I was in your shoes.

Good luck.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Allyson2020)
Well only way to know if this lass likes you or not is to ask her out for a meal or drink.
You got nothing to lose in asking her ok.
If it was me I would defo be asking her out if I was in your shoes.

Good luck.
Thanks.

See actually asked me out to lunch last week.
And I'll see her later on this week since there's few from work meeting up for a few drinks.
I'm staying at one of the guys places.
Stevie_Ggg
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To find out if she really likes you or not, ask her out.

Either she does like you and she’ll accept the offer, or

She doesn’t like you and she’ll decline (using some stupid excuse).

Good luck my man, go and get that cat.
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah she definitely likes you!

I never understood the problem in falling in love/liking someone you work with! I mean how can having a specific job title prevent you from getting feelings for someone lol?

Yeah try and plan something again just you and her after you all go out together.
Allyson2020
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks.

See actually asked me out to lunch last week.
And I'll see her later on this week since there's few from work meeting up for a few drinks.
I'm staying at one of the guys places.
Well it's unusual for girl to ask the boy out but at least she has the courage to ask you out to lunch.
Just be positive on it and take things easy with her with talking to her at this lunch date , if get opportunity ask her out on your own with her.

It sounds like she is interested in you with teasing you with things she doing at work but take things easy to start with.

Enjoy and hope it goes well,
Update on how it goes will be good to here....!! ( upto you ).
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
the first question that popped into my head is does this girl have a boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other?
Anonymous #1
the first question that popped into my head is does this girl have a boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other?
Nope she doesn't.
She broke up with a long term boyfriend a few months back (apparently), and she hates any talk of cheating (we were saying the manager may be cheating on his girlfriend) so we've sort of put two and two together...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope she doesn't.
She broke up with a long term boyfriend a few months back (apparently), and she hates any talk of cheating (we were saying the manager may be cheating on his girlfriend) so we've sort of put two and two together...
well in that case I think she likes you! the lunch date thing was pretty cute so I guess its your turn to make a move! Maybe offer to meet up with her before this 'hangout' and arrive together? i dunno, best of luck though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (318)
57.19%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.85%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (63)
11.33%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.81%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.78%

Watched Threads