[D1] Handshake Theorem & Corollary Theorem Watch

This discussion is closed.
MdSalih
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
In regards to the Route Inspection Algorithm - do we need to use it in any questions by default (as checks or something)... or will they ask questions about them directly?

MdSalih
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MdSalih)
In regards to the Route Inspection Algorithm - do we need to use it in any questions by default (as checks or something)... or will they ask questions about them directly?

MdSalih
Handshake Theorem (idea) is needed when assessing which arcs need to be repeated. I have done all (I think) Edexcel past papers and don't think I've seen a question about it directly.

What is the corollary theorem? Which board? I didn't meet it in Edexcel D1 last year or D2 this year...

Aitch
Aitch
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aitch)

...What is the corollary theorem? Which board? I didn't meet it in Edexcel D1 last year or D2 this year...

Aitch

I've just checked Edexcel D1 and D2 glossaries. Can't see it there. Is it a corollary of the Handshaking Theorem?

Aitch
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The corollary is that the number of odd vertices in any graph is even. It's proved by splitting the handshaking theorem into number of odd vertices + number of even vertices and considering the product of odd and even numbers.
Aitch
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gaz031)
The corollary is that the number of odd vertices in any graph is even. It's proved by splitting the handshaking theorem into number of odd vertices + number of even vertices and considering the product of odd and even numbers.
Thanks - I thought I'd missed something!

I just learned this as part 2 of the Handshaking Theorem!

Aitch
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed