lostapplicant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I’m applying for dentistry this year as a grad, and I wonder if I can add my IELTS reference number on UCAS which was take in 2017. I’m aware that IELTS score is only valid for 2 years and mine has expired, but I wonder if I can still submit it on UCAS for university to see it? (If they see it and want me to retake the IELTS then I would be happy to do it too)

Personally I want to submit my expired score bc it has met the English requirements of most dental schools. I took the test in 2017 and have been studying in the uk since 2016, so I think there’s no reason my English would get worse now

It looks like it can be submitted anyway as UCAS doesn’t automatically check the validity of IELTS references. Anyone can give some advice? Thanks xx
ibexell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lostapplicant)
Hi guys,

I’m applying for dentistry this year as a grad, and I wonder if I can add my IELTS reference number on UCAS which was take in 2017. I’m aware that IELTS score is only valid for 2 years and mine has expired, but I wonder if I can still submit it on UCAS for university to see it? (If they see it and want me to retake the IELTS then I would be happy to do it too)

Personally I want to submit my expired score bc it has met the English requirements of most dental schools. I took the test in 2017 and have been studying in the uk since 2016, so I think there’s no reason my English would get worse now

It looks like it can be submitted anyway as UCAS doesn’t automatically check the validity of IELTS references. Anyone can give some advice? Thanks xx
If IELTS is specifically mentioned as a condition of meeting the English language requirements, then submitting an expired IELTS to me doesn't make sense because they will definitely not accept it.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It usually needs to taken in the same year you apply - check with each Uni directly.
However, you can apply with the 2017 scores and if the Uni will not accept it they will add an further English Language condition to your offer - giving you time to retake it.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It almost certainly won’t be accepted, but there is no harm in adding it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (243)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (55)
13.03%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.53%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.27%

Watched Threads