STEM SMART Programme - for those interested in Engineering & Physical Science courses

Watch this thread
Christ's Admissions
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Interested in applying to Engineering or Physical Science (e.g. Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Earth Sciences etc) subjects at university?

STEM SMART is a brand new free programme for Year 12/S5 (Year 13 Northern Ireland) students at UK state schools to raise attainment and develop your confidence to apply to physical sciences and engineering courses at top universities. The programme starts in January 2022 and runs until the end of Year 13 (Y14 NI)/S6.

You do *not* need to be aiming for or intending to apply to Cambridge (or Oxford).

The programme consists of weekly tutorials with academics and support from a current undergraduate student mentor. Students who demonstrate an active engagement in the first phase of the programme (January-May 2022) will have the opportunity to progress to later stages including smaller group tutorials and a 4-day residential in Cambridge.

Academic criteria - you must:
  • Currently be in Year 12 in England/Wales, Year 13 in Northern Ireland or S5 in Scotland (intending to study Advanced Highers in S6)
  • Be studying Maths AND at least one other science out of Chemistry, Physics or Further Maths at A-Level, IB Higher Level or Scottish Higher (with the intention to study it to Advanced Higher)
  • Have achieved a grade A/7 in your GCSE or National 5 Maths
  • Have achieved 66/BB in double Science GCSE/National 5 or grade 6 (B) in Physics and grade 6 (B) in Chemistry as separate sciences at GCSE or National 5

You must also meet at least one of the non-academic eligibility criteria. To view this and a detailed description of the programme, please visit the STEM SMART website.

The deadline to apply is 31 October 2021. Even if you’re not 100% sure of eligibility, you are encouraged to make an application. Click here to visit the programme page and apply!
Quack#1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Thanks I'm so glad I saw this now.
Christ's Admissions
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Quack#1)
Thanks I'm so glad I saw this now.
You're welcome! Please do share with any friends/classmates who might also be interested.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (2)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (4)
66.67%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads