L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Assuming you are in a high school kind of setting , it is absolutely wrong but it is common and it will be part of the job
That's not going to be the worst of what you see
If you don't have a thick skin you're not going to get very far
I disagree, it's not common or part of the job. Teachers are not police, punching bags, crowd control or babysitters. We are educators! If you teach in a school where this behaviour is normal and you can't cope then you need to get out pretty swiftly. Behaviour culture in a school is set by SLT and reinforced by teachers, nothing to do with student background. Just look at places like Michaela!
Last edited by L-K; 3 weeks ago
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L-K)
I disagree, it's not common or part of the job. Teachers are not police, punching bags, crowd control or babysitters. We are educators! If you teach in a school where this behaviour is normal and you can't cope then you need to get out pretty swiftly. Behaviour culture in a school is set by SLT and reinforced by teachers, nothing to do with student background. Just look at places like Michaela!
It might be common but it doesn't mean that it is acceptable in the sense that it shouldn't be punished
Jammydodger39
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L-K)
I do have to agree with you here. It sometimes seems we do a lot more than what’s asked. I am there to teach but a lot of the time it’s like I’m an emotional punching bag and they get away with it because “that’s how teenagers are” I was never like that. If I said half this stuff to my teachers I wouldn’t even have the benefit of an education
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed