Cheezu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Sorry, but I need help understanding this.

To achieve an overall distinction grade, all distinctions in every unit is not required, correct? A majority of distinctions with merits here and there but with no passes should equate to an overall final distinction grade, correct? Depending on the amount of merits of course and if they outweigh the amount of distinctions.

Also, are year 1 and year 2 grades both looked at for University or is it only your overall grade at the end of year 2? I ask as I've recently done 3 assessments and achieved 2 distinctions but sadly got a merit in one of them.

Thank you, and sorry if this is a bit confusing to read.
itsme.wiktoria
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm doing Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. I assume you are also on Extended Diploma, so after each year you will get a grade. That means after your first year you will receive a grade and after your second year as well. You are being rewarded one grade after each of your assignments or exams but the overall grade after each year will look like 3 grades. For example, DDM.
I wouldn't worry if you have one merit so far compare to 3 distinctions but to get DDD you will have to have mostly distinctions. I'm not sure how many merits you can have for your overall grade to be DDD though.
EOData
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's only your final, overall grade that matters. How it is calculated is explained here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (158)
84.95%
No (28)
15.05%

Watched Threads