The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance at medicine?

Hi, it is getting really close to the deadline for early entry however I recently sat my ucat and got a score of 2510 band 2, predicted grades AAB (B in psychology, A in chemistry and Biology) and my GCSES are all above 7, mainly 8s and three 9s. When discussing this with a teacher at school, she told me she doesn't think I have a chance at any uni especially any London ones so I just wanted to know if anyone knows if I have even a slight chance.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Oceaneyess
Hi, it is getting really close to the deadline for early entry however I recently sat my ucat and got a score of 2510 band 2, predicted grades AAB (B in psychology, A in chemistry and Biology) and my GCSES are all above 7, mainly 8s and three 9s. When discussing this with a teacher at school, she told me she doesn't think I have a chance at any uni especially any London ones so I just wanted to know if anyone knows if I have even a slight chance.

Unless you're a WP applicant, those A level grades aren't competitive and wouldn't lead to an offer.
If you find uni's that accept that then yes you can get in. I believe some med schools do offer AAB offers I just can't remember them. I'm sure if you google it you can find some and then look further at their requirements for the UCAT. As long as you hit the requirements for unis you do have a chance. I got into vet med with AAB (Gcse's were mainly 7's) it is totally possible you might just need to be a bit more strategic
Reply 3
Original post by Oceaneyess

Do you have WP flags, as this lowers offers to AAB or less?
Can you realistically achieve AAA, as some places do not look at predicted grades, so may shortlist you with AAB predicted, but an offer would still be AAA or above.
Do you have an EPQ, as some med schools will lower offers if you have this at at least an A?
KMMS make an AAB offer. As do UCLan (but they only have 15 places and you must be resident in the North West of England) and Buckingham (are private and charge everyone about £38K a year tuition, even UK applicants)
No London schools will accept an application from a non-WP applicant with AAB predicted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending