ikp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My coursework question is 'Nationalism through legitimate constitutional means was more significant to the promotion of Irish rights than rebellion and agrarian agitation or the impact of the famine'. To what extent is this true of the period 1792 to 1893?

I'm currently trying to write my introduction and I'm struggling on where to start and what to include because I've never seen what these sorts of courseworks look like. Can someone help?
Dominininc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Introduce your argument,

Irish Nationalism through legitimate constitutional means occupies an unique position in the pantheon of progress for Irish rights. The success of the leader Parnell and the Irish Nationalist party successfully executed a series of campaigns that transformed the civil liberties of the Irish and ultimately resolved the causes of Irish Grievance and the 'Irish Question'. Constitutionally lobbying was not the single most important factor however – the economic disparity of Ireland which amounted to agrarian agitation and the wounds of famine provide the deep rooted historical context that the Nationalist movement exploited.

I think that may be a reasonable introduction to aim for
ikp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dominininc)
Introduce your argument,

Irish Nationalism through legitimate constitutional means occupies an unique position in the pantheon of progress for Irish rights. The success of the leader Parnell and the Irish Nationalist party successfully executed a series of campaigns that transformed the civil liberties of the Irish and ultimately resolved the causes of Irish Grievance and the 'Irish Question'. Constitutionally lobbying was not the single most important factor however – the economic disparity of Ireland which amounted to agrarian agitation and the wounds of famine provide the deep rooted historical context that the Nationalist movement exploited.

I think that may be a reasonable introduction to aim for
Thank you so much, this has really helped
Dominininc
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I assume also if you are using secondary sources to support your views introudcuigntthese in the introudcution such as after saying the part about irish nationalism being a pantheon for change , state something like ' as is the view of modern historians' and then reference this in your bibliography and make sure at least one of your secondary sources supports this.
ikp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dominininc)
I assume also if you are using secondary sources to support your views introudcuigntthese in the introudcution such as after saying the part about irish nationalism being a pantheon for change , state something like ' as is the view of modern historians' and then reference this in your bibliography and make sure at least one of your secondary sources supports this.
Yes I do need to include that in the introduction but I haven't found my sources as of yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (32)
86.49%
No (5)
13.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed