The Student Room Group

So i met this guy (south Asian)

So i met a really nice guy on a app( not dating) he is also from my sides back home, meets my requirements, seems genuine and respectful and honest, so basically my type and seems like he has good intentions ( which is good especially in the long run) not saying anything wrong with those who aren’t but every family is different and these small things make it easier for girls especially

So anyway, i was just about to start focusing on myself, mental health and physical health and studies, looking for a job etc and i really want to talk to him but I’m scared it might just be for nothing and I’ll just end up overthinking like I want to give it a month when i feel better within myself mentally, physically and kind of sorted my life out because i feel it will be unfair on him if i am double minded or not putting as much effort in which will make him dis interested ( its not a talking stage or anything like that) but i could see his vibe was the same as mine

So would it be bad if i just ghost him for abit and say i got busy with life and come back after a while when i am feeling content within myself? Like I won’t use the app, also he’s been on it for a few years so I’m sure he won’t leave the app anytime soon so i won’t be at risk of losing contact etc,

Opinions???
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
??????
Reply 3
Someone reply
no
Do what you gotta do but don’t expect them to be 100% happy about it.Giving him a heads up would be ideal but don’t push urself too hard either.
Reply 6
Yes, it's bad to ghost someone regardless of it being for even a short time.
Original post by Anonymous
So i met a really nice guy on a app( not dating) he is also from my sides back home, meets my requirements, seems genuine and respectful and honest, so basically my type and seems like he has good intentions ( which is good especially in the long run) not saying anything wrong with those who aren’t but every family is different and these small things make it easier for girls especially

So anyway, i was just about to start focusing on myself, mental health and physical health and studies, looking for a job etc and i really want to talk to him but I’m scared it might just be for nothing and I’ll just end up overthinking like I want to give it a month when i feel better within myself mentally, physically and kind of sorted my life out because i feel it will be unfair on him if i am double minded or not putting as much effort in which will make him dis interested ( its not a talking stage or anything like that) but i could see his vibe was the same as mine

So would it be bad if i just ghost him for abit and say i got busy with life and come back after a while when i am feeling content within myself? Like I won’t use the app, also he’s been on it for a few years so I’m sure he won’t leave the app anytime soon so i won’t be at risk of losing contact etc,

Opinions???

Yes it is bad. He has feelings too. Imo, one month is too long. After a month you could change and he won't like you anymore thus has waited for nothing. Or he may find someone much better than you etc.
Reply 8
Original post by SilverForHire
Do what you gotta do but don’t expect them to be 100% happy about it.Giving him a heads up would be ideal but don’t push urself too hard either.

I mean we don’t even talk regularly like a couple times a week thats it but he might think I’ve left the app if i don’t reply so idk
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Yes, it's bad to ghost someone regardless of it being for even a short time.

😭i know
Original post by InfiniteWill
Yes it is bad. He has feelings too. Imo, one month is too long. After a month you could change and he won't like you anymore thus has waited for nothing. Or he may find someone much better than you etc.

Yes but we’re not even close like that and I don’t even know what he thinks of me apart from my own thoughts like it might just all be one sided, but i have hope I don’t know why and I don’t know whether to take the risk or not , like if its meant to be it will be

Opinions???

From experience as a guy no don’t ghost he might loose interest as he won’t want to appear desperate because he think your not interesting and guys shouldn’t chase a woman who’s not interested
From experience as a guy no don’t ghost he might loose interest as he won’t want to appear desperate because he think your not interesting and guys shouldn’t chase a woman who’s not interested

Thankyou for your reply, this is helpful to know a guys perspective
Reply 13

Opinions???

I don't think that you should ghost him.. you could just keep talking and take your time and when you feel better then you can decide to take it to the next step or not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending