Talking to other people while in a relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I know the title is a bit vague but let me explain. I went clubbing in Birmingham with my friend about a month ago and we met quite a few people on our night out. One of them was this guy and his friend we bumped into - not once, but twice - just out on the street. Both my friend and I are in relationships so we just got talking to these guys in a super casual way (nothing flirty). The guy I was talking to, I was actually (drunkenly) encouraging him to get back with his ex lol because he admitted he still had suppressed feelings for her. Anyways, I gave this guy my insta just because and didn't think anything of it (tbf I was fairly drunk that night). Anyways, fast forward to last week, he randomly messaged me: "Heyy you 👀". It's been almost a week and I haven't replied because it sounds kinda flirty and I'm in a serious relationship with a pretty insecure boyfriend. Just wondering if I'm being rude for ignoring him (should I at least say hello back?) or if I should just pretend I never saw it as I am in a relationship and I wouldn't want him to think I'm interested in him.

Update: I messaged him back "hey what's up" and now he's asking to meet up!
BigSammy1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I know the title is a bit vague but let me explain. I went clubbing in Birmingham with my friend about a month ago and we met quite a few people on our night out. One of them was this guy and his friend we bumped into - not once, but twice - just out on the street. Both my friend and I are in relationships so we just got talking to these guys in a super casual way (nothing flirty). The guy I was talking to, I was actually (drunkenly) encouraging him to get back with his ex lol because he admitted he still had suppressed feelings for her. Anyways, I gave this guy my insta just because and didn't think anything of it (tbf I was fairly drunk that night). Anyways, fast forward to last week, he randomly messaged me: "Heyy you 👀". It's been almost a week and I haven't replied because it sounds kinda flirty and I'm in a serious relationship with a pretty insecure boyfriend. Just wondering if I'm being rude for ignoring him (should I at least say hello back?) or if I should just pretend I never saw it as I am in a relationship and I wouldn't want him to think I'm interested in him.

So, please stop talking to him, it won't end well and you may ruin your serious relationship.
HeavLeighGill
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try to think of how you’d feel if your boyfriend was in the exact same situation and decide how to handle it from there. What would you want him to do? If you don’t want to risk your relationship, I’d block him but you could always break up with your boyfriend if you’d like the freedom to talk to him. Just think before you do anything so you don’t regret the decision!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Yeah, not worth jeopardising your relationship/boyfriends feelings over this. Even though it’s innocent on your end, it will look like you are encouraging him if you are too friendly in return x
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably best to ignore him, there being absolutely no benefit really to talking to him and there being a big downside if your insecure boyfriend finds out youre flirting (as he'll likeloy see it) with a bloke who wants into your pants from the club.
The one who messaged you will just take being ignored in his stride no doubt, par for the course in 'shooting your shot'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise