ellheehee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
so i received my predicted grades today. i know they don’t necessarily define much, but i’m just worried about offers.

i got a BBC :’)
the universities i will be applying for are:
1) durham
2) king’s college
3) chichester
4) surrey
(i still need to think of a 5th! i am trying to aim high with three universities, low with two unis! i also wish to study law)

is there any chance any of them would possibly send an offer?
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
honestly yeah just go for uni u think is good instead of basing it around grades. because I did it based on grades and got all my offers which included 3 unconditional offers. I'm currently at uni now and wished I did in-depth research on the uni even though the course is good, nightlife isn't that great. another reason is that even if you didn't get the grades, you can apply through clearing, this could be good because some unis say "apply through clearing and get £500".

For your 5th choice choose choose somewhere you like 👍
ellheehee
Rep:
?
i’m currently doing an EPQ, it hasn’t been submitted yet but i think it’s at a strong grade. do predicted grades really impact that much? can i still apply for a uni without an offer?
ellheehee
Rep:
?
(Original post by taranmistry)
honestly yeah just go for uni u think is good instead of basing it around grades. because I did it based on grades and got all my offers which included 3 unconditional offers. I'm currently at uni now and wished I did in-depth research on the uni even though the course is good, nightlife isn't that great. another reason is that even if you didn't get the grades, you can apply through clearing, this could be good because some unis say "apply through clearing and get £500".

For your 5th choice choose choose somewhere you like 👍
can you explain what clearing is if that’s okay?

you’ve helped a lot though! if anything durham is the university that i like, even though it’s quite unrealistic haha. what were your predicted grades & then final grades if you don’t mind me asking?
ellheehee
Rep:
?
and is adjustment an option on ucas? sorry for being totally clueless, i’ve had to reconsider new options completely overnight!
ellheehee
Rep:
?
thank you! also, is it completely pointless applying to durham & kcl at this point? i’m beginning to think it is lol. i have a lot of variety to include on my personal statement + my EPQ like you mentioned, but i’m beginning to doubt that’s enough to be considered over thousands of students who got presumably A’s and A*’s
ellheehee
Rep:
?
how much does the LNAT change things? if i take it and do well on it, could that potentially change things or give me a reconsider?

i have emailed durham (considering i am very set on it but i am attempting to remain realistic), explained my situation & mentioned my EPQ. i may call them if i get the chance.

i would like to take a year out & resit but people around me discourage that. it’s not the end of the world if i can’t get into durham and at the same time it is!

i am hoping that i overachieve my prediction grades immensely during the final exam. and another question (so sorry!) how likely am i to be considered if i manage to convince my teachers to get my predictions to ABB?
ellheehee
Rep:
?
that’s fine! i’m waking up in 4 so i’ll sleep too. thank you so much for what you’ve said so far! sorry for keeping you up
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your predicted grades dont suggest you will get offers from Durham or Kings. Perhaps you need to look at somewhere a bit closer to your predicted grades. Aberystwyth for example make offers in the range ABB-BCC so there is a possibility of you getting offers from somewhere like that.
taranmistry
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellheehee)
can you explain what clearing is if that’s okay?

you’ve helped a lot though! if anything durham is the university that i like, even though it’s quite unrealistic haha. what were your predicted grades & then final grades if you don’t mind me asking?
sure. clearing is like applying for a uni last minute. for example, if you didn't get the grades and your chosen uni rejected you clearing allows you to apply for a different uni last minute. also, if you didn't want to go uni before and now you changed your mind, you would have to apply through clearing. Don't forget that applying through clearing doesn't mean your silly etc, a lot of people applied through clearing this year, and it doesn't effect your future employment.

my predicted grades were lower than yours, BCC and was studying graphics, accounting and business. I got A*CC. I hope this helps😁
ellheehee
Rep:
?
(Original post by taranmistry)
sure. clearing is like applying for a uni last minute. for example, if you didn't get the grades and your chosen uni rejected you clearing allows you to apply for a different uni last minute. also, if you didn't want to go uni before and now you changed your mind, you would have to apply through clearing. Don't forget that applying through clearing doesn't mean your silly etc, a lot of people applied through clearing this year, and it doesn't effect your future employment.

my predicted grades were lower than yours, BCC and was studying graphics, accounting and business. I got A*CC. I hope this helps😁
sorry for all these questions & thank you for answering them! did you get into any of your chosen unis through clearing at all? if that’s okay to ask
taranmistry
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellheehee)
sorry for all these questions & thank you for answering them! did you get into any of your chosen unis through clearing at all? if that’s okay to ask
👍 no I didn't go through clearing as my chosen uni was an unconditional offer. however, a lot of my friends and people who I met in uni said they went through clearing. so I did some intense research. now I'm jealous 😂😂
sophiathesecond
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aston LLB needs BBB but will lower it to BBC with a B in EPQ if you were interested in checking that out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.61%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.32%

Watched Threads