thomas234542
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My uni choices currently are LSE, Warwick and Bristol. (Applying for Acc&Fin at LSE and Warwick and Fin at Bristol.

For my last two choices I am conflicted between Durham, Loughborough, Nottingham and Bath. (From what i've heard Durham and Notts are traditionally seen as more 'prestigious')

What would y'all recommend ?
Last edited by thomas234542; 3 weeks ago
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I recommend whichever 2 you like more for reasons that have nothing to do with IB
thomas234542
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonuser99)
I recommend whichever 2 you like more for reasons that have nothing to do with IB
Thanks, but are those 4 unis generally regarded well in IB terms?
I'm not actually from the UK, I'm Australian, so i dont really know much about the other unis in terms of IB.
Are there any other unis in the UK you'd recommend?
Last edited by thomas234542; 3 weeks ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by thomas234542)
My uni choices currently are LSE, Warwick and Bristol. (Applying for Acc&Fin at LSE and Warwick and Fin at Bristol.

For my last two choices I am conflicted between Durham, Loughborough, Nottingham and Bath. (From what i've heard Durham and Notts are traditionally seen as more 'prestigious')

What would y'all recommend ?
Durham, Bath, Notts their isnt a whole lot in it (these are probably a similar pegging as Bristol).

But for IB specifically these 3 would be stronger then Loughborough.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks, but are those 4 unis generally regarded well in IB terms?
I'm not actually from the UK, I'm Australian, so i dont really know much about the other unis in terms of IB.
Are there any other unis in the UK you'd recommend?
As the above reply said, they're all fine. LB is a leg below the other 3 but not weak. I feel like Bath is a "better" LB (sporty, campus uni with focus on STEM).

So you're really splitting hairs there.
If you prefer London, there's also UCL, KCL as viable options. Edinburgh if you want to go further north.
thomas234542
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Durham, Bath, Notts their isnt a whole lot in it (these are probably a similar pegging as Bristol).

But for IB specifically these 3 would be stronger then Loughborough.
thanks!
thomas234542
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonuser99)
As the above reply said, they're all fine. LB is a leg below the other 3 but not weak. I feel like Bath is a "better" LB (sporty, campus uni with focus on STEM).

So you're really splitting hairs there.
If you prefer London, there's also UCL, KCL as viable options. Edinburgh if you want to go further north.
Thanks!, would u reckon a predicted of A*A*A (Math, Econ, History) + A* (EPQ) be good enough for these unis, kinda messed up my IGCSE's tho.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks!, would u reckon a predicted of A*A*A (Math, Econ, History) + A* (EPQ) be good enough for these unis, kinda messed up my IGCSE's tho.
Sounds fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.13%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
10.97%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.36%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.72%

Watched Threads