The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2022

Scroll to see replies

My interviewer was but that's because we had a chit chat at the end
Original post by emileeeei
I literally just got an email saying I had been accepted!

congrats!!
When did you have your interview?
Original post by hopeful-lawyer
Where have you seen people get offers?

Mine was also really cold and didn’t have good interview skills at all! It was a really uncomfortable interview to be honest. We probably had the same person: I had a lady.

I kind of assumed it would be department to department

It was on LinkedIn.

I had a man I think, but a lot of people said their interview didn't go well. I don't see why they had inexperienced people doing the interview for such an important opportunity.
Original post by RoadmanSachs
It was on LinkedIn.

I had a man I think, but a lot of people said their interview didn't go well. I don't see why they had inexperienced people doing the interview for such an important opportunity.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose interview went badly, gives some hope! I agree. I also don't really understand the purpose of having such a structured interview, with no follow-up questions, according to a generic script.
Original post by justsurviving
congrats!!
When did you have your interview?

mine was in december! it was initially scheduled for dec 2 or something very early, but i had to reschedule to the week after - my friend had hers before mine and hasnt heard anything yet tho

also for anyone concerned about the coldness of the interviews, mine was really robotic - they have to read from a script and arent allowed to ask any follow up questions so of course its going to be pretty unnatural!
It was on LinkedIn.

I dont think its that theyre inexperienced, just that the strategy of "if we dont personalise the interview to the candidate at all then its fairer" just doesnt really work
I was about to type out a question I was asked that I remembered but realised not everyone’s had their interview! I remember there was one specifically that was quite oddly phrased, and it threw me off guard a bit! It was one of the first ones.

It was also a bit random to me that they asked a question that didn’t ‘count’ at the start of the interview, yet she was writing down what I was saying.
I was about to type out a question I was asked that I remembered but realised not everyone’s had their interview! I remember there was one specifically that was quite oddly phrased, and it threw me off guard a bit! It was one of the first ones.

It was also a bit random to me that they asked a question that didn’t ‘count’ at the start of the interview, yet she was writing down what I was saying.

Omg, people are still having interviews? I didn't know that!
Original post by bigeyeshijabi
Omg, people are still having interviews? I didn't know that!

I kind of just assumed, I have no idea though! I feel as though this thread has probably scared them away with our discussions on how robotic the interviews were:P

Same for me! I remember asking them to explain it as it didn't make sense lol
What other internships have people applied for?:smile:
Original post by justsurviving
Same for me! I remember asking them to explain it as it didn't make sense lol

I should've done the same! I just answered without knowing:biggrin:
It’s quite weird cause my interviewer was quite nice and did ask me to elaborate myself further on certain questions.
To everyone with an offer, how did your online tests go? Mine were all either average or above average
Seen a few more offers from Durham on LinkedIn.
Has anyone else got accepted I done my interview at the end of November but not heard back yet…
Reply 96
Seen a few more offers from Durham on LinkedIn.

do you know if it’s specific streams that have been giving offers out? or is it all of them?
Offers coming in quite slow it seems
Just to reassure those still waiting, I work in a government department, and the deadline for us to let the centre know how many SDIP interns we could take was last week. So I expect they will still be adding up the number of opportunities and making offers accordingly.
Original post by CivilServantBEIS
Just to reassure those still waiting, I work in a government department, and the deadline for us to let the centre know how many SDIP interns we could take was last week. So I expect they will still be adding up the number of opportunities and making offers accordingly.

That’s great to know, thank you! Hopefully this week is more full of offers then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending