The Student Room Group

National insurance number

I was approved for student loan and sent a application pack for and NI number as I have never had one. I lived outside the UK when I was younger.
I sent off the application pack 2 months ago with copies of evidence requested. I've not received a response. All I keep recieving is letters from SFE asking me to confirm my NIN. I cant get through to a human on either SFE numbers or DWP numbers. Im starting uni on saturday and they've not released my Student finance payments yet and I need one of them to pay accomodation. What can I do?
Original post by MollyAnn25
I was approved for student loan and sent a application pack for and NI number as I have never had one. I lived outside the UK when I was younger.
I sent off the application pack 2 months ago with copies of evidence requested. I've not received a response. All I keep recieving is letters from SFE asking me to confirm my NIN. I cant get through to a human on either SFE numbers or DWP numbers. Im starting uni on saturday and they've not released my Student finance payments yet and I need one of them to pay accomodation. What can I do?

Hi, do you have a UK address on your account?

The DWP should send you the application pack, is that the one you sent to the DWP?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, do you have a UK address on your account?

The DWP should send you the application pack, is that the one you sent to the DWP?

Thanks, Isaac

Yes, I have a UK address and it was the DWP application pack that I sent back to DWP. Heard nothing and cant get a human on their phone line. I've had to pay student accommodation fees last week without receiving student loan funds (as they wont release until they have my NIN.
Original post by MollyAnn25
Yes, I have a UK address and it was the DWP application pack that I sent back to DWP. Heard nothing and cant get a human on their phone line. I've had to pay student accommodation fees last week without receiving student loan funds (as they wont release until they have my NIN.

I've heard it can take a while for the DWP to process the application but I am unsure of a rough timescale unfortunately.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest