Need advice on Computer Science NEA

Watch this thread
RosalinaSpeedy
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have already put a lot of time into my computer science NEA for my AQA A level, and upon asking my useless computer science teacher questions about it i am now unsure as to whether or not it's suitable.

The plan is to create a functional poker game (5 seat Texas Holdem) that you can play online with people as well as having computer controlled players in the same game. I also plan to attach a login/password system to it for some extra points.

I've made a decent portion of the game in Unity and i was wondering if the fact that I'm using unity ruins my chances at a decent grade as ive seen some horror stories online that making games in Unity isn't suitable for the A Level NEA.

I'm really worried right now because i don't really have a backup plan and i've already invested a pretty decent amount of time into it; so i was wondering if anyone could give me an answer as my computer science teacher wasnt very helpful. Thanks!
lamentedfish
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Have you looked at the mark scheme for your NEA – perhaps your exam board also have some "exemplar candidates"?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (63)
66.32%
No (25)
26.32%
I didn't use it to prepare (7)
7.37%

Watched Threads