Saffa2021
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
And congratulations to you both for getting confirmation!!!
SLT15
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Saffa2021)
I finished my assessment earlier and it seemed straight forward but I’m still worried I screwed it up lol, do you know how long they take to get back to us after completing it?
The response rate seems slightly different from the previous year. Last year it was a fast response and I think it was automated. You should hear back in a day or two. Fingers crossed for you!
Saffa2021
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SLT15)
The response rate seems slightly different from the previous year. Last year it was a fast response and I think it was automated. You should hear back in a day or two. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you, I just received confirmation, moving on to video interview. But will only do it after 17th so I can gain more insight from the Explore Ofcom event. All the best with yours. Are you attending the event as well?
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you, I just received confirmation, moving on to video interview. But will only do it after 17th so I can gain more insight from the Explore Ofcom event. All the best with yours. Are you attending the event as well?
Yes I am looking forward to it. I think I need that too and will take the test tomorrow
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Also congratulations on passing the test!!
Saffa2021
Rep:
(Original post by SLT15)
Also congratulations on passing the test!!
Thank you!! Wishing you my best with yours.
Last edited by Saffa2021; 2 weeks ago
AshleaJade
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I just received an email confirmation saying I had passed through to the VI. Quite surprised as I did my test last night and I was convinced I’d failed the numerical one!
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AshleaJade)
I just received an email confirmation saying I had passed through to the VI. Quite surprised as I did my test last night and I was convinced I’d failed the numerical one!
Congratulations! What stream did you apply for?
AshleaJade
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SLT15)
Congratulations! What stream did you apply for?
I applied for finance, how about you?
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied for finance, how about you?
Policy Makes sense why you did a Numberical test
AshleaJade
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SLT15)
Policy Makes sense why you did a Numberical test
Have you don’t the VI? I think I’m going to wait until the event on the 17th! Don’t know about you but I found the whole process quite odd with applying through brightnetwork
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you don’t the VI? I think I’m going to wait until the event on the 17th! Don’t know about you but I found the whole process quite odd with applying through brightnetwork
I haven't completed my test yet. It is odd and it has changed slightly from last year as they didn't have verbal reasoning or Numberical reasoning just the SJT. Brightnetwork will handle your application until you get to the AC. Thats when OFCOM handles the shortlisting.
AshleaJade
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SLT15)
I haven't completed my test yet. It is odd and it has changed slightly from last year as they didn't have verbal reasoning or Numberical reasoning just the SJT. Brightnetwork will handle your application until you get to the AC. Thats when OFCOM handles the shortlisting.
Ohh I see, this is my first round of applications so it’s all quite new to me! Did you get to the assessment centre last year?
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Ohh I see, this is my first round of applications so it’s all quite new to me! Did you get to the assessment centre last year?
No I didn't. Brightnetwork shortlisted me to OFCOM but OFCOM didn't shortlist me for the AC
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I had a question regarding the verbal reasoning test. Was it the one that has true, false and cannot say as the options or was it the style that has True, Probably True, Cannot say, Probably False and False? Thank you in advance
Saffa2021
Rep:
(Original post by SLT15)
I had a question regarding the verbal reasoning test. Was it the one that has true, false and cannot say as the options or was it the style that has True, Probably True, Cannot say, Probably False and False? Thank you in advance
Hey, its the latter! Good luck!
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, its the latter! Good luck!
I completed mine this morning. Feeling nervous about that verbal reasoning 😭
Saffa2021
Rep:
(Original post by SLT15)
I completed mine this morning. Feeling nervous about that verbal reasoning 😭
I’m sure you did great! I without a doubt did terribly on mine (I got more than half of the questions wrong on the practice exercises), but by some luck I made it through lol. Hang in there and all the best, hoping they get back to you ASAP ✨✨
Last edited by Saffa2021; 2 weeks ago
SLT15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m sure you did great! I without a doubt did terribly on mine (I got more than half of the questions wrong on the practice exercises), but by some luck I made it through lol. Hang in there and all the best, hoping they get back to you ASAP ✨✨
Thank youu😭 I appreciate it ☺️
AshleaJade
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone completed the video interview yet? I assume it’s the STAR style questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.03%
Okay (43)
29.86%
A bit lacking (51)
35.42%
Not good at all (37)
25.69%

Watched Threads