a levels predicted d d e

Watch this thread
bk41n
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
bio geo maths in that order what do you lot think my chances of fixing this and getting into a degree apprenticeship are

ps started bio past papers n in getting c's same wiv geo haven't started maths yet next mocks in 2 weeks for my final predicteds.

what are my options would greatly appreciate any help. thanks
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
You need to start looking at what the entry requiremnts are for the subject of degree appreniceship you want to do.
Info about how to find Dgeree Appreniceships here : https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk...pprenticeship/
td_99
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I guess your A Levels are a bit "DED"
macstep
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
your screwed unless u have another set of mocks to improve the grades
bk41n
Rep:
(Original post by macstep)
your screwed unless u have another set of mocks to improve the grades
ye got one more set revising till I die pretty drained but should be able to hopefully bio I've done 80% of the content done a past paper before revising got a c gonna do another today hopefully better maths doing practice questions and geo we know exactly whats going to come up so fingers crossed I got it
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by td_99)
I guess your A Levels are a bit "DED"
Lmaooooo :rofl: I spat my drink out man

(Original post by bk41n)
ye got one more set revising till I die pretty drained but should be able to hopefully bio I've done 80% of the content done a past paper before revising got a c gonna do another today hopefully better maths doing practice questions and geo we know exactly whats going to come up so fingers crossed I got it
Its pointless doing papers if you’re not seeing improvements.

Why is it that you’re getting C’s? Is it due to understanding? Is it because of the maths?

You really need to start asking yourself some questions.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 7 months ago
bk41n
Rep:
I find the maths in the bio n geo papers easy its just a lack of revision on my part and laziness doing another bio paper right now but yeah my understanding seems fine in all 3 just practice isn't there
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bk41n)
I find the maths in the bio n geo papers easy its just a lack of revision on my part and laziness doing another bio paper right now but yeah my understanding seems fine in all 3 just practice isn't there
Sorry, but if you're getting a C, I doubt that the understanding is there.

Personally, I'd focus on understanding, less on mocks, and plan for adjustment.
bk41n
Rep:
I mean I'll get the concept ill just forget it once it comes to the exam so I'll initially understand it but once it comes to the exam my mind just goes blank
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bk41n)
I mean I'll get the concept ill just forget it once it comes to the exam so I'll initially understand it but once it comes to the exam my mind just goes blank

How do you revise? You rewrite notes?

Have you tried active forms of revising like flashcards? You’re just wasting time if you’re going to be stagnant at grade C
bk41n
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
How do you revise? You rewrite notes?

Have you tried active forms of revising like flashcards? You’re just wasting time if you’re going to be stagnant at grade C
I use flash cards based off the spec ooint for biology for geo I have a bunch of case study notes I go over and for maths I've been lazy but planning on doin practice questions per topic
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bk41n)
I use flash cards based off the spec ooint for biology for geo I have a bunch of case study notes I go over and for maths I've been lazy but planning on doin practice questions per topic

So you do know the techniques. I feel like you’re struggling with application. Look, you need to dedicate some time just thinking. I’d suggest you do an open book past paper -> answer the question, but just think about what it’s asking of you first. Then just repeat. How do you make your flashcards? And how do you learn? You need to deeply understand content to apply.

As for maths, what exam board do you do? I’d recommend just doing text book question first. Don’t bother with past papers yet.
bk41n
Rep:
So you do know the techniques. I feel like you’re struggling with application. Look, you need to dedicate some time just thinking. I’d suggest you do an open book past paper -> answer the question, but just think about what it’s asking of you first. Then just repeat. How do you make your flashcards? And how do you learn? You need to deeply understand content to apply.

As for maths, what exam board do you do? I’d recommend just doing text book question first. Don’t bother with past papers yet.
thanks man rlly appreciate it 🙏 maths i do Edexcel I've started doing the exercises in the yr1 text book for pure as that's the main bulk of the exam
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bk41n)
thanks man rlly appreciate it 🙏 maths i do Edexcel I've started doing the exercises in the yr1 text book for pure as that's the main bulk of the exam

I did edexcel too, if you check Haberdashersmaths, if you go to his year 1 playlist, he goes through like each topic and exercise questions in the text book. I found it helpful having concepts explained to me rather than just reading it imo.

Then you could use TLMaths. If you scroll down to his year 1 videos, he basically just teaches you everything fundamentally and why you’re actually learning said thing.

That’s basically both resources I used which got me an A* in the end man. For past papers, I used Naiker Maths. Its got like new specification Questions on there and not just outdated old spec question like the ones you find on Physics and maths tutor (do it after you’ve done all textbook questions/ challenge questions). It’s hard but it’s all about keeping motivated and having the right resources, unfortunately I wasn’t provided with these by anyone. Had to figure it out myself. Good luck though :yy:
bk41n
Rep:
I did edexcel too, if you check Haberdashersmaths, if you go to his year 1 playlist, he goes through like each topic and exercise questions in the text book. I found it helpful having concepts explained to me rather than just reading it imo.

Then you could use TLMaths. If you scroll down to his year 1 videos, he basically just teaches you everything fundamentally and why you’re actually learning said thing.

That’s basically both resources I used which got me an A* in the end man. For past papers, I used https://naikermaths.com/a-level-practice-papers-2019-specs/]Naiker Maths[/url]. Its got like new specification Questions on there and not just outdated old spec question like the ones you find on Physics and maths tutor (do it after you’ve done all textbook questions/ challenge questions). It’s hard but it’s all about keeping motivated and having the right resources, unfortunately I wasn’t provided with these by anyone. Had to figure it out myself. Good luck though :yy:
just finished a biology paper marked it and I got a B so im improving just taking time but I'm getting there thanks man
bk41n
Rep:

That’s basically both resources I used which got me an A* in the end man. For past papers, I used https://naikermaths.com/a-level-practice-papers-2019-specs/]Naiker Maths[/url]. Its got like new specification Questions on there and not just outdated old spec question like the ones you find on Physics and maths tutor (do it after you’ve done all textbook questions/ challenge questions). It’s hard but it’s all about keeping motivated and having the right resources, unfortunately I wasn’t provided with these by anyone. Had to figure it out myself. Good luck though :yy:
thanks man really appreciate it owe u one 💯
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
41.05%
The paper was reasonable (87)
45.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (14)
7.37%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
5.79%

Watched Threads