The Student Room Group

Should I submit my Oxford application?

I was initially planning to apply next year for 2023 since I'm taking a gap year due to medical condition, so I barely did any preparation but I did do some prep and they seem kinda solid but I'm not so sure, the thing is everyone keeps pressuring me to submit my application this year for deferred entry but I really don't want to because I'll most likely get rejected and I have zero motivation to finish my personal statement, but when I bring that up they keep telling me I have nothing to lose because if I get rejected, I can always apply again next year like I originally planned to and I can familiarize myself on the process.

but I just don't feel like doing it despite the benefits, I just feel so pressured and demotivated right now, I don't think my preparation is enough and I don't think I can finish an Oxford worthy personal statement by the deadline along with mocks but I also feel like an idiot when I consider the benefits

so should I apply for deferred entry this year or not?
Reply 1
"familiarise yourself with the process", it's really not that complicated that you need a practice run. If you'd rather apply after finishing school and receiving your results, that's entirely fair enough.
Original post by Sinnoh
"familiarise yourself with the process", it's really not that complicated that you need a practice run. If you'd rather apply after finishing school and receiving your results, that's entirely fair enough.

my teachers said that lol but they said that if I get shortlisted for an interview that could help
It might be worth doing a deferred application this year? And then if you are unsuccessful you can just apply again in your gap year. What subject is this for?
Reply 4
Original post by summerbirdreads
my teachers said that lol but they said that if I get shortlisted for an interview that could help

Help with what?
PRSOM, I really don't want to
Original post by azby1098
It might be worth doing a deferred application this year? And then if you are unsuccessful you can just apply again in your gap year. What subject is this for?

That's what my teachers tell me.
I'm applying for Chemistry
Original post by Sinnoh
Help with what?

that if i get rejected this year, I'll be more prepared next year
Original post by summerbirdreads
That's what my teachers tell me.
I'm applying for Chemistry

yeah definitely worth it for chemistry as there is no admissions test so no big hassle other than doing personal statement in submitting your application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending