UCAS / resit help!!!

Watch this thread
km_mk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So i'm currently in a rough boat, im deciding either to resit my computer science which i've gotten a C for either in autumn or summer, i feel like i was unfairly judged on my grade, i had some extenuating circumstances which my school had not taken in to consideration, but it is what it is. anyways i decided to resit quite late the computer science a level ocr paper 1 is october 6 whereas paper 2 is october 12, do you think there is enough time to revise all the topics? how do i work this around i also have to learn like 1-2 topics which we hadn't covered. I'm pretty sure they don't take NEA into consideration for our grade, is this the same for the summer if i resit? I'm also currently studying 2 intensive alevels in one year which is quite rough, I'm stressing a bit, so if anyone could possibly help and advise me i would be grateful! Do you think the Universities differetiate between the Autumn Exams (2021) and Summer Exams(2022)? Will the University prefer one over the other? iS computer sicence nea taken in to consideration for summer or not like autumn ones i think
Dominininc
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
I mean its possible. Grade boundries will be low this autumn so you should be able to improve your grade. If worst case happens and your grade doesnt improve you still keep your summer grade. Whilst universities prefer you to take them in one sitting only really the top top unis really care about this. Esepcially given the circumstances
km_mk2
Rep:
what if i retake it in the summer instead?

(Original post by Dominininc)
I mean its possible. Grade boundries will be low this autumn so you should be able to improve your grade. If worst case happens and your grade doesnt improve you still keep your summer grade. Whilst universities prefer you to take them in one sitting only really the top top unis really care about this. Esepcially given the circumstances
Dominininc
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Youll have to do an NEA, higher grade boundaries, therefore you will need to put more time into getting a better grade. If you sit it now and try your best there is nothing to loose.
km_mk2
Rep:
Youll have to do an NEA, higher grade boundaries, therefore you will need to put more time into getting a better grade. If you sit it now and try your best there is nothing to loose.
hmm i guess you're right , i'll try but there's only 6 days left to revise for paper 1 computer science , and paper 2 is on october 12
Dominininc
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Yeah nah its possible, find a yotube series that just goes through all the content.
km_mk2
Rep:
hmmm i see i guesss just quite nerve-racking, im lowkey thinking if i should just do it in the summer instead lowkey not going to lie im not sure why
km_mk2
Rep:
(Original post by km_mk2)
hmmm i see i guesss just quite nerve-racking, im lowkey thinking if i should just do it in the summer instead lowkey not going to lie im not sure why
but if i do it in the summer im going to have to do the NEA for my subject which sucks, only thinking of doing it in the summer because i feel there is'nt much time which sucks oof
km_mk2
Rep:
(Original post by km_mk2)
but if i do it in the summer im going to have to do the NEA for my subject which sucks, only thinking of doing it in the summer because i feel there is'nt much time which sucks oof
but then again i might be able to wing it with the remaining 6 days left
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.43%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.83%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.38%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (22)
23.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.51%

Watched Threads