AQA Biology a level autumn exam series grade boundaries?

Watch this thread
CA_5713
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
What do you predict the AQA autumn 2021 biology grade boundaries will be like? Will they be lower due to summer 2021 being teacher assessed grades?
keeno25
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Maybe, last year 65% was A* which was lower than 2019
BenC10166
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CA_5713)
What do you predict the AQA autumn 2021 biology grade boundaries will be like? Will they be lower due to summer 2021 being teacher assessed grades?
I can't find anything either. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the grade boundaries were a little higher than last year.
Last year I believe an A was 138/240 (lowest grade for an A in Autumn exams).

Since grade boundaries usually increase and decrease in intervals every year, then it's likely the grade boundary this year for an A will be closer to 145/240 or 146/240.

Then again they may take COVID into consideration and lower this too something like 142 or 143 marks required for an A.

Either way, grade boundaries probs increase.

Don't know how you guys have found paper 1 and 2 so far but I'd say they were easier than last year least so wouldn't be surprising if grade boundary increased also because of this. Unless paper 3 is extra hard
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CA_5713)
They won't be decided until the papers are all marked ...
BenC10166
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
They won't be decided until the papers are all marked ...
true but you can try predict it for the sake of it so we can all internally stress about non-existent grade boundaries we set in our heads.
keeno25
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BenC10166)
I can't find anything either. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the grade boundaries were a little higher than last year.
Last year I believe an A was 138/240 (lowest grade for an A in Autumn exams).

Since grade boundaries usually increase and decrease in intervals every year, then it's likely the grade boundary this year for an A will be closer to 145/240 or 146/240.

Then again they may take COVID into consideration and lower this too something like 142 or 143 marks required for an A.

Either way, grade boundaries probs increase.

Don't know how you guys have found paper 1 and 2 so far but I'd say they were easier than last year least so wouldn't be surprising if grade boundary increased also because of this. Unless paper 3 is extra hard
Nah they will most likely decrease because ofqual have said it will be in line with the grades given this summer. Same thing happened last year
BenC10166
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by keeno25)
Nah they will most likely decrease because ofqual have said it will be in line with the grades given this summer. Same thing happened last year
Oh cool! Didn't know this!! I mean decreased grade boundaries would be awesome ofc
hamdaaaa
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by keeno25)
Where have they said this? I’ve heard this from multiple people but no one has linked a source. I hope this is the case though
BenC10166
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by hamdaaaa)
Where have they said this? I’ve heard this from multiple people but no one has linked a source. I hope this is the case though
If you find out send the link here please!
hamdaaaa
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BenC10166)
If you find out send the link here please!
its true ahaha thank god. here is the link to the official ofqual statement:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...nd-autumn-2021
BenC10166
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by hamdaaaa)
its true ahaha thank god. here is the link to the official ofqual statement:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...nd-autumn-2021
Autumn 2021

"A small number of students will take autumn exams starting next week. These exams, with the exception of the usual November sittings for GCSE English language and maths, are for those students who want to improve on their grade from summer 2021 or who had planned to enter in summer 2021 but were unable to obtain a teacher assessed grade. For this reason, exam boards will seek to align autumn 2021 grading with summer 2021. This is the same approach we took in autumn 2020, when grading was aligned to summer 2020."

For anyone who wants to know what it said about 2021 on the government link!

Thanks @hamdaaaa hehe hopefully we can all receive the grades we want!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
42.16%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.13%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed