The Student Room Group

Law Application

Hi everyone,
I am unsure if my GCSE results and A Level results are enough to apply for Law. I am thinking of applying to University of Birmingham, University of Warwick and the University of Leeds. I still haven't decided my other two unis.
GCSE results: 7777666666
A Level predicted: A*AA
Meh, the unis you have mentioned will probably give you an offer because of your predicted grades. As long as you get hose grades than you should be fine. Its only really the top top unis that want 999999999999 for gcses.
However if you were to get an offer, due to the demand for law places it is liekly they wont accpet you if you fall a grade short.
Original post by abcde123abcde123
Hi everyone,
I am unsure if my GCSE results and A Level results are enough to apply for Law. I am thinking of applying to University of Birmingham, University of Warwick and the University of Leeds. I still haven't decided my other two unis.
GCSE results: 7777666666
A Level predicted: A*AA

Hi there,

The short answer to this is - yes, you have as much chance as the next person!

Those grades are amazing! Generally universities primarily look at your A level grades (they recognise that many students don't start really trying until A levels a lot of the time). Also, your predicted grades are really strong, and as long as the grade requirements of the universities you wish to apply to match up near enough then there is no reason to doubt that your grades won't be enough. Of course, many universities hand out conditional offers so working hard to achieve good A level grades is really important. But, with those grades on your application, you can be hopeful for good things.

Hope this helps,

Leah :smile:
UEA Law
Original post by Dominininc
Meh, the unis you have mentioned will probably give you an offer because of your predicted grades. As long as you get hose grades than you should be fine. Its only really the top top unis that want 999999999999 for gcses.
However if you were to get an offer, due to the demand for law places it is liekly they wont accpet you if you fall a grade short.

That makes sense - thank you for your reply
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Hi there,

The short answer to this is - yes, you have as much chance as the next person!

Those grades are amazing! Generally universities primarily look at your A level grades (they recognise that many students don't start really trying until A levels a lot of the time). Also, your predicted grades are really strong, and as long as the grade requirements of the universities you wish to apply to match up near enough then there is no reason to doubt that your grades won't be enough. Of course, many universities hand out conditional offers so working hard to achieve good A level grades is really important. But, with those grades on your application, you can be hopeful for good things.

Hope this helps,

UEA Law

Thank you Leah for your reply - do you think there would be a chance of getting an unconditional offer?
Thank you Leah for your reply - do you think there would be a chance of getting an unconditional offer?

Hi again,

No worries, I'm glad I could help!

Unconditional offers can be incredibly hard to come by. Most people do not get any and that is both completely fine and normal.

With your predicted grades I would think there is a chance of an unconditional offer from some universities. However, if you are applying to universities with entry requirements around those grades then an unconditional offer may not be so likely. Generally, they are only given out where you are predicted to achieve higher than the entry grades or for a really stand out application.

So, yes, there is a chance, but I would say that you'd be best not to bank on getting one just in case.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your last year of college/sixth form.

UEA Law
Hi again,

No worries, I'm glad I could help!

Unconditional offers can be incredibly hard to come by. Most people do not get any and that is both completely fine and normal.

With your predicted grades I would think there is a chance of an unconditional offer from some universities. However, if you are applying to universities with entry requirements around those grades then an unconditional offer may not be so likely. Generally, they are only given out where you are predicted to achieve higher than the entry grades or for a really stand out application.

So, yes, there is a chance, but I would say that you'd be best not to bank on getting one just in case.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your last year of college/sixth form.

UEA Law

Thank you Leah for explaining it really clearly. Warwick and Leeds want AAA and Birmingham A*AA. Sorry to keep asking questions but on what grounds are unconditional offers given and do you think my grades are enough to apply to KCL?
Thank you Leah for explaining it really clearly. Warwick and Leeds want AAA and Birmingham A*AA. Sorry to keep asking questions but on what grounds are unconditional offers given and do you think my grades are enough to apply to KCL?

No problem at all!

Usually they are given to the best applicants of that year, which is something that can seem quite secretive as it is dependent on both the university in question and the specific group of applicants each year. Generally it will be the people with the strongest, well-rounded applications. People who stand out at interviews may also be more likely to receive an unconditional offer. It is really helpful to look at the course pages of the universities you're applying to and see what they mention in terms of skills and traits and then focus on those during your personal statement so that they can see really clearly that you are the ideal candidate for the course. As well as this, showing that you have a genuine interest in the subject can be really helpful too!

UEA Law
No problem at all!

Usually they are given to the best applicants of that year, which is something that can seem quite secretive as it is dependent on both the university in question and the specific group of applicants each year. Generally it will be the people with the strongest, well-rounded applications. People who stand out at interviews may also be more likely to receive an unconditional offer. It is really helpful to look at the course pages of the universities you're applying to and see what they mention in terms of skills and traits and then focus on those during your personal statement so that they can see really clearly that you are the ideal candidate for the course. As well as this, showing that you have a genuine interest in the subject can be really helpful too!

UEA Law

Ok I’ll have another look at the university websites - thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending