MSc Integrated Machine Learning Systems vs MSc Machine Learning at UCL

Watch
Abdulkader_Gh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does the Integrated Machine Learning Systems MSc at UCL require a background in physics or electronic circuits? And what are the main differences between this program and the Machine Learning MSc in terms of heavy math required and job opportunities?

In my opinion, there are four pros of the IMLS MSc compared to the ML MSc:
1. According to the admissionreport.com website, the acceptance rate of the ML MSc is ~8.8%, while it's ~24% for the IMLS MSc.
2. The English language level for the IMLS MSc is Standard, while it's Good for the ML MSc (which is much harder to achieve).
3. The IMLS MSc seems more applied, while the ML MSc seems more theoretical (but I'm not sure about that, honestly).
4. I think the IMLS MSc requires less math knowledge/work compared with the ML MSc.

Honestly, I have already discussed some differences with two IMLS MSc graduates, but they gave me different opinions about this program. Therefore, I think I still need to discuss it here with more people before making my decision.
SpaceTravel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Abdulkader_Gh)
Does the Integrated Machine Learning Systems MSc at UCL require a background in physics or electronic circuits? And what are the main differences between this program and the Machine Learning MSc in terms of heavy math required and job opportunities?

In my opinion, there are four pros of the IMLS MSc compared to the ML MSc:
1. According to the admissionreport.com website, the acceptance rate of the ML MSc is ~8.8%, while it's ~24% for the IMLS MSc.
2. The English language level for the IMLS MSc is Standard, while it's Good for the ML MSc (which is much harder to achieve).
3. The IMLS MSc seems more applied, while the ML MSc seems more theoretical (but I'm not sure about that, honestly).
4. I think the IMLS MSc requires less math knowledge/work compared with the ML MSc.

Honestly, I have already discussed some differences with two IMLS MSc graduates, but they gave me different opinions about this program. Therefore, I think I still need to discuss it here with more people before making my decision.
What is your under-graduate degree in?
Abdulkader_Gh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SpaceTravel)
What is your under-graduate degree in?
Computer Science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (192)
55.81%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (48)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (38)
11.05%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.3%
I haven't started researching yet (19)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.36%

Watched Threads