The Student Room Group

Physics applicants 2022

Other than Oxford being the top rated I don’t know where I should be applying for physics. Have been looking at Manchester and Edinburgh but have not got my heart set anywhere. Any suggestions
predicted A*A*A
Reply 1
If you have an interest in the other sciences, Cambridge is worth considering for their natural sciences course (you take 2 other sciences and maths in 1st year, narrow that down in second year then a pure science in 3rd and 4th. Worthwhile if you think you might have an interest in materials science or more advanced chemistry.

I've heard good things about Birmingham and Imperial is typically good for physical sciences (depending on how you feel about being in London)
Reply 2
Original post by one7t
If you have an interest in the other sciences, Cambridge is worth considering for their natural sciences course (you take 2 other sciences and maths in 1st year, narrow that down in second year then a pure science in 3rd and 4th. Worthwhile if you think you might have an interest in materials science or more advanced chemistry.

I've heard good things about Birmingham and Imperial is typically good for physical sciences (depending on how you feel about being in London)

Thanks. Not so sure about London too expensive. But maybe Birmingham?!
Imperial, Nottingham, Durham, Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest