Choice Model managment

Watch this thread
Charl 134
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Has anyone heard of choice model management am not sure if it's legit they're asking for an upfront fee for my portfolio pictures and also a refundable deposit I don't know what I should do is it fake or is it real
Advertisement
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Charl 134)
Has anyone heard of choice model management am not sure if it's legit they're asking for an upfront fee for my portfolio pictures and also a refundable deposit I don't know what I should do is it fake or is it real
legit modelling agencies don't do that, they don't ask you for money
they're just charging you for pictures basically
Charl 134
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
legit modelling agencies don't do that, they don't ask you for money
they're just charging you for pictures basically
Well I got my pictures done and they are asking for money from another place and they sent it to loads of agencies and I've had choice model management call and say I need to pay for the pictures and also I need to pay an upfront refundable deposit that I get back after my first job to show that I am serious about them and won't let them down
Advertisement
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Well I got my pictures done and they are asking for money from another place and they sent it to loads of agencies and I've had choice model management call and say I need to pay for the pictures and also I need to pay an upfront refundable deposit that I get back after my first job to show that I am serious about them and won't let them down
Sounds 100% scammy. Steer clear.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
There’s loads of threads about scam agencies on TSR. Here’s a long one so you get the gist of how they operate:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6112548
Advertisement
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
they should be getting you work, not charging you
they're a scam. just think about it logically. if they are so sure they can get you work why would they ask you for an 'upfront refundable deposit that you get back after your first job?' it makes 0 sense, lol
Littlemi9
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi, did you go ahead with it. I got an email from them and they want me to pay a £70 discount but their page seems legit. Im hella confused
Advertisement
Smalik1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I had the same call they don’t sound like scammers I’m so confused I mean they do say it’s refunded with ur first shoot to show ur not wasting there time as people book and don’t turn up etc…any idea????
Smalik1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Sounds 100% scammy. Steer clear.
I’m not so sure it is a scam as most agencies don’t offer the refundable deposit with first shoot I’m so confused
Advertisement
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Smalik1)
I’m not so sure it is a scam as most agencies don’t offer the refundable deposit with first shoot I’m so confused
They all offer a ‘refund’. It’s a meaningless draw to make you feel like there’s no risk. Please read the thread linked in post #5 above.
username5979973
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Actual modelling agencies don't ask you to pay them for anything. They only pay you for the work that they get you!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rvss3llx)
Actual modelling agencies don't ask you to pay them for anything. They only pay you for the work that they get you!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. That’s why so many of these places brand themselves as “photography studios” rather than agencies.
Unknown555555
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did you end up doing it I’ve had the same
Advertisement
Unknown555555
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did you end up doing it I’ve had the same
Littlemi9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nah, but they keep calling me rather than an email like at first. One thing though, I asked what was the likelihood of me getting a job to receive the £70 deposit back the guy made it clear he can’t promise I’ll get a job. Like yes I know it’ll be hard, but if they’re not confident in me to begin with.. after I’ve sent them photos then how do I know they’re gonna 💯 manage me.
They could ‘act’ when rlly n truly i could be wasting my time n money.
But that’s my take. Lolll
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (123)
39.81%
They're exactly what I expected (78)