Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was told before starting at Middlesex university that a PASS card was an accepted form for ID not only for the accommodation but also for the ID checks for enrolling into the university.

However after being there for a week I had been told that they don’t accept it as a form of ID for the ID check. This has left me stranded in a cycle of contacting the uni and getting pushed to other departments or not getting an answer at all. I have been told contradicting things on if a PASS card is accepted or not.

This has left me feeling stressed, worried and frustrated as it also means that I haven’t been able to get student finance money because I haven’t been fully enrolled. I would try to get another form of ID but my application for my previsional license has been held in the backlog of the DVLA license applications and at this moment in time getting my passport renewed is too expensive for me. It also makes me worried that I might have to drop out of the university completely due to not being able to pay for not only my accommodation but the university itself.

Every time I have tried to contact someone about this they’ve either misunderstood my point completely, pushed me to someone else completely meaning I have to explain the situation over again or I get told contracting thing on whether or not they accept PASS cards as a form of ID.

Please this is my last hope of trying to understand why I have been told so many different answers and what I can do to get my ID check complete when my only forms of ID are a birth certificate and a PASS card.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was told before starting at Middlesex university that a PASS card was an accepted form for ID not only for the accommodation but also for the ID checks for enrolling into the university.

However after being there for a week I had been told that they don’t accept it as a form of ID for the ID check. This has left me stranded in a cycle of contacting the uni and getting pushed to other departments or not getting an answer at all. I have been told contradicting things on if a PASS card is accepted or not.

This has left me feeling stressed, worried and frustrated as it also means that I haven’t been able to get student finance money because I haven’t been fully enrolled. I would try to get another form of ID but my application for my previsional license has been held in the backlog of the DVLA license applications and at this moment in time getting my passport renewed is too expensive for me. It also makes me worried that I might have to drop out of the university completely due to not being able to pay for not only my accommodation but the university itself.

Every time I have tried to contact someone about this they’ve either misunderstood my point completely, pushed me to someone else completely meaning I have to explain the situation over again or I get told contracting thing on whether or not they accept PASS cards as a form of ID.

Please this is my last hope of trying to understand why I have been told so many different answers and what I can do to get my ID check complete when my only forms of ID are a birth certificate and a PASS card.
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation!

My name is Aleks and I am a course ambassador at Middlesex University!

We are currently looking into the situation and I will update you as soon as I have more information.
However, as for now, I would recommend you have look at this page: https://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/welcome/id-check. On that page, you can check what documents are appropriate to do an ID check, and you can also do an online ID check there.

I hope you find this helpful!

Kind regards,
Aleksandra
Middlesex University
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Hello again,

As promised here's an update on the situation:

I would recommend you contact our Admissions Enquiries Advisers via the live chat on our website, you can use this link to access it: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/chat-to-us-now. They should be able to help you and to tell you what to do!

I hope they manage to sort this out for you!

Kind regards,
Aleksandra
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
All has been sorted now. Thank you and the advisers for a speedy response and for walking my through how to complete my ID check.
Middlesex University
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All has been sorted now. Thank you and the advisers for a speedy response and for walking my through how to complete my ID check.
Hi,

That's great to hear! I am glad everything is okay now!

Kind regards,
Aleksandra
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (43)
12.91%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (91)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
18.02%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
8.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed