Eyinoju
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
please does anyone know some questions that always come up when doing a test on 'Hormonal Communication'.
thank you.
Also how do I draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini'
thanks
Allyson2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Eyinoju)
please does anyone know some questions that always come up when doing a test on 'Hormonal Communication'.
thank you.
Also how do I draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini'
thanks
What are you needing this for ??

What is hormonal communication.......
Hormones can be thought of as chemical messages. From the blood stream, the hormones communicate with the body by heading towards their target cell to bring about a particular change or effect to that cell. The hormone can also create changes in the cells of surrounding tissues (paracrine effect).

What is hormonal in biology.........
Hormone, organic substance secreted by plants and animals that functions in the regulation of physiological activities and in maintaining homeostasis. Hormones carry out their functions by evoking responses from specific organs or tissues that are adapted to react to minute quantities of them.

What is hormonal coordination in biology...........
The endocrine system secretes hormones into the bloodstream from glands throughout the body. Hormones produce an effect on specific target organs in the body. Combined Science. Coordination and control.

In addition to the nervous system, the endocrine system is a major communication system of the body. While the nervous system uses neurotransmitters as its chemical signals, the endocrine system uses hormones.

draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini' :-

Name:  enzymes-cells-Structures-ducts-Acinar-clusters-pancreatic.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:  Pancreas-acinar-cells.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  232.3 KB
Eyinoju
Rep:
Thank you so much I have a test tomorrow on this topic
Allyson2020
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much I have a test tomorrow on this topic
You welcome ok..

Hope test goes ok for you

Is test for school / college or university....!!!
Eyinoju
Rep:
(Original post by Allyson2020)
You welcome ok..

Hope test goes ok for you

Is test for school / college or university....!!!
sixth form
Allyson2020
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
sixth form
Ok ta

Hopefully you'll do well in it as not easy subject to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.68%
Okay (119)
29.53%
A bit lacking (153)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
22.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed