The Student Room Group

IAL Physics October 2021 Thread

Hi everyone! I could not find a thread for the Physics exams happening in a few days, so I decided to make one:smile: this is for all units

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Physics P1, P2 and P3 for the Autumn series!

@Evil Homer
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for making this :smile:

Good luck with your exams!
Anyone took a Physics u1 edexcel IAL today? If yes, pls let me know how was your exam and more precisely how much marks did leave out today?
Hope the paper went well,What did you write for the efficiency of the men pulling the block?Over all the paper was ok, I skipped the last 2 questions because I ran out of time and that question about would the ball reach the maximum height before colliding with the hill.The previous grade boundaries were around 40. What do you think the grade boundaries for this will ?
Same here, I left the last 2 but did manage solve the ball reaching height. The grade boundaries will probably between 42-44.
I left the last two also.. Cause I ran out of time and I knew it was something to do with moments for both the questions but I didnt know what so I just wrote the formula.. Hopefully I get marks just for that
Im really hoping the grade boundaries is low for this cause section A was easy but section b gave me a big headache
what did people get for efficiency?
Original post by daylight08
Hi everyone! I could not find a thread for the Physics exams happening in a few days, so I decided to make one:smile:

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Physics P1, P2 and P3 for the Autumn series!

@Evil Homer

Thanks for making this
Original post by goofy_789
what did people get for efficiency?

I skipped that question cause I knew my work done was incorrect
Original post by Death00000
Hope the paper went well,What did you write for the efficiency of the men pulling the block?Over all the paper was ok, I skipped the last 2 questions because I ran out of time and that question about would the ball reach the maximum height before colliding with the hill.The previous grade boundaries were around 40. What do you think the grade boundaries for this will ?

wait so 40/80 for an A?
I skipped that question cause I knew my work done was incorrect

ohh fairs, i got 6.8 or something similar, i feel its wrong but idk.
there was a mcq about the triangle forces - the normal reaction one. And i put option A.Is that what everyone got:frown:
It was Q6.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
what did everyone get for the 3 5/6 msrks questions ?

I got 170-ish on the last one

for the slope one I set s =0 with sin40 t find the tine , and max height in hopes for atleast 2 marks -the phrasing of the question wss just weird, was confused

for the QWC. i wrote compression -> elastic strain energy
strain -> kinetic
Force by car against ground causes force by ground against car - Newtons 3rd law.

Resultant force - hence velocity

when spring returns to normal , stationary

other than those three , paper was fine imo
Original post by Veadee
what did everyone get for the 3 5/6 msrks questions ?

I got 170-ish on the last one

for the slope one I set s =0 with sin40 t find the tine , and max height in hopes for atleast 2 marks -the phrasing of the question wss just weird, was confused

for the QWC. i wrote compression -> elastic strain energy
strain -> kinetic
Force by car against ground causes force by ground against car - Newtons 3rd law.

Resultant force - hence velocity

when spring returns to normal , stationary

other than those three , paper was fine imo

Yea for the car qs the answer seemed so short for the marks even though it was only those three concepts
Original post by monetercat479
Same here, I left the last 2 but did manage solve the ball reaching height. The grade boundaries will probably between 4T

The paper in general was so difficult i hope they lower the grade boundaries forreal
todays paper was a bit lengthy too, and what was the 18a even ?
I know I messed up almost everything 😩that was such a bad paper. Also..i kept getting my speed more than the speed of light which was like huh????? And half the answers were like 10^ - smth...??????? Idk
I know I messed up almost everything 😩that was such a bad paper. Also..i kept getting my speed more than the speed of light which was like huh????? And half the answers were like 10^ - smth...??????? Idk

hahah yes, for which question did u get ur speed more than the speed of light:tongue:
no im sure u in no way messed EVERYTHING up
i was a lil nervous about the diamond question but then i came home and checked and i got the critical angle right
Original post by goofy_789
hahah yes, for which question did u get ur speed more than the speed of light:tongue:

I can't remember lol.. What was 18a?

Quick Reply

Latest