The Student Room Group

MPhil in Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence at Cambridge

As I know, in the MLMI MPhil program, qualified applicants will be invited for an interview. They will be asked to prepare a presentation of approximately three slides that summarize a section from a research paper. However, since this program does not require prior knowledge in machine learning:

1. What topics can these sections include?
2. What are some expected math/technical questions interviewees might be asked during the interview?
3. Since some applicants come from Engineering faculties (non-mathematicians), do lecturers go through the basic and advanced concepts in detail with an excellent explanation like what Professor Andrew Ng does in the Coursera's Machine Learning Course from Stanford?
Have you found out anything about the interview process?
HeyMLMI admit here. I didn't need to prepare any form of presentation or anything for the interview. It was more of a healthy discussion where he in general what I did during my undergrad, what all I knew etc etc. I had prior research papers and experience and the interview revolved mostly around that. I also was given very short notice to appear for the interview (~2 days), so the POI specified not to prepare anything for it.
were you admitted just now or like in the past years?
Original post by toastedtofu
were you admitted just now or like in the past years?

Hey you are the same guy that questioned me on gradcafe XD. What a small internet. Applied and admitted this year only.
Original post by unpocoloco111
Hey you are the same guy that questioned me on gradcafe XD. What a small internet. Applied and admitted this year only.

ohh ok lol thank you very much for your reply!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending