The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Madadi11
Is kcl medicine 5 or 6 years, ive called twice and they said 5 but on the ucas website it says 6

The MBBS A100 course is 5 years long, with an option to intercalate if you want to, which would make it 6 years if you choose to intercalate

The MBBS EMDP program is 6 years long though.
Reply 2
But why on ucas does it say 6
Reply 3
But why on ucas does it say 6

I’m not sure, perhaps because it used to be compulsory to intercalate so everyone ended up studying 6 years?
It is no longer compulsory to intercalate anymore though.
Reply 4
Oh really do you know where I can find this information because on ucas when I apply it says 6
Reply 5
Oh really do you know where I can find this information because on ucas when I apply it says 6

Idk, I know this because I study medicine at KCL, but perhaps it says on the KCL website?
Reply 6
So for you its optional, well for some reason kcl havent updated their page for 2022 entry which is so stupid and annoying because the deadline is so soon and I need to make a choice
Reply 7
Because I was told by sm1 on unibuddy that studies in kings that its now compulsory likeee why is everyone giving me different answers
Reply 8
Because I was told by sm1 on unibuddy that studies in kings that its now compulsory likeee why is everyone giving me different answers

It used to be compulsory for students to intercalate but now it’s opt in!
Reply 9

It says on the kcl website 5 years, or optional 6 if you choose to intercalate
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-mbbs
Reply 10
Original post by mildhan
It says on the kcl website 5 years, or optional 6 if you choose to intercalate
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-mbbs

But do you not see that for 2021 not for 2022 entry!!

Latest