A level geography 4 mark exam question about infiltration - please help

Watch
Elz15
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
A level exam question: Outline the process of infiltration as a flow of water within a drainage basin system. The question is 4 marks - all I've done is written the description of infiltration. What else am I meant to add? I've looked online and can't find any help. Thank you in advance to all that help me
Tutor Cornel
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
describing details of the process is all it takes nothing much and how, and when it happens adds more to this
Elz15
Rep:
(Original post by Tutor Cornel)
describing details of the process is all it takes nothing much and how, and when it happens adds more to this
What are the details of the process?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
research and make notes
Elz15
Rep:
(Original post by tinygirl96)
research and make notes
I have 😭
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I would define what infiltration is, it is the movement or flux of water from the biosphere within grasses and ground surfaces into the pedosphere (soils). Thinking of the hydrological cycle as a system, infiltration is a flux of water from surface inputs into subterannean water storages in the soil, leading to underground aquifers and channels of water etc. You could describe how infiltration relates to the water table within a drainage basin, how the type of soil or some factor that impacts infiltration rates or how infiltration balances the overland flux of water to not cause flooding or excess overland flow from a environmental management perspective, something like this.
Elz15
Rep:
(Original post by Ðeggs)
I would define what infiltration is, it is the movement or flux of water from the biosphere within grasses and ground surfaces into the pedosphere (soils). Thinking of the hydrological cycle as a system, infiltration is a flux of water from surface inputs into subterannean water storages in the soil, leading to underground aquifers and channels of water etc. You could describe how infiltration relates to the water table within a drainage basin, how the type of soil or some factor that impacts infiltration rates or how infiltration balances the overland flux of water to not cause flooding or excess overland flow from a environmental management perspective, something like this.
Wow thank you so much 😆
Lillylil3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
study by taking notes and collecting each information from google
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads