Dumbyute
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I only take one btec why do I feel like breaking down. I feel as if though the coursework is too much for me
CHARLIE_l
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
One BTEC is still equivalent to 3 A levels so don't bring yourself down because you "only take one BTEC". If you're struggling to keep up with the workload, I would suggest seeing if you can change your studying habits. For example, I do my assignments in small chunks throughout the weeks instead of doing loads at once so that I don't get overwhelmed.

If you're already doing something like this or don't think you'll be able to, I'd suggest talking to your teachers and seeing if they can extend deadlines or help you find a solution as they're there to help!

Good Luck!
JasmineAcademic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
BTECs are really hard!! I just did my level 2 and 3 and struggled alot but I pulled through and I’ve now graduated from uni.

I only finished my BTEC in 2018, but if I remember rightly, for coursework you will be given a sheet and you have to meet certain requirement to get P, M or D. Follow coursework guidance as much as you can and stick to that. Don’t over think it and try to only do what is asked of you. With my BTEC we were allowed a second chance with our coursework if we missed something and were allowed to resubmit it. If worse comes to worse you can always do this! Don’t be afraid to ask the teachers, that’s what they’re there for and they want to help you understand as best as they can.

Start coursework straight away so you’re given yourself enough time if you’re struggling. Stay behind after the class and ask the teachers. Type particular questions in online and get some ideas if you’re really stuck. I remember finding lots of answers and ideas online and that would give me a good starting point. Right down a few ideas for each part and follow them to give yourself ideas so you never get lost. You can do it! Don’t doubt yourself.
Last edited by JasmineAcademic; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (157)
84.86%
No (28)
15.14%

Watched Threads