The Student Room Group

Query

I had just about 10 days to start from the beginning after my indian med entrance to prepare for the ucat and have a terribly atrocious score of 2360 B3 ,eligible for Edinburgh-widening access,will get a plus flag but apart from that where to apply,uclan buckingham brunel i know anything else? I have a gcse equivalent of AAAA and have always been top of my class throughout school, have held multiple positions of responsibility of head prefect, president of clubs, carried out covid healthcare and relief work as a volunteer for 6 months, have many national level debate, creative writing and drama achievements, and worked with a scientist to make a water purifier and provide clean drinking to slums amd spread scientific awareness regarding sanitation and helped alleviate standard of living in 3 villages of rural india and imparted free science education to underprivileged middle school students who didn’thave access to school in stringent lockdown , also helped hospitals and local patients by finding and arrranging oxygen and cruicial covid drugs

Also forgot to mention that in my ucat test centre there was no electricity while i was doing QR for 10min and when the light came the time was lost and proctor said to continue with what is left and in sjt also for 9min internet connectivity went away so i lost time there too but proctor said give exam again but it was the last ucat of this cycle.

Please advice where to appy? Leicester/liverpool bristol anything like that?
Original post by Mihir1008
I had just about 10 days to start from the beginning after my indian med entrance to prepare for the ucat and have a terribly atrocious score of 2360 B3 ,eligible for Edinburgh-widening access,will get a plus flag but apart from that where to apply,uclan buckingham brunel i know anything else? I have a gcse equivalent of AAAA and have always been top of my class throughout school, have held multiple positions of responsibility of head prefect, president of clubs, carried out covid healthcare and relief work as a volunteer for 6 months, have many national level debate, creative writing and drama achievements, and worked with a scientist to make a water purifier and provide clean drinking to slums amd spread scientific awareness regarding sanitation and helped alleviate standard of living in 3 villages of rural india and imparted free science education to underprivileged middle school students who didn’thave access to school in stringent lockdown , also helped hospitals and local patients by finding and arrranging oxygen and cruicial covid drugs

Also forgot to mention that in my ucat test centre there was no electricity while i was doing QR for 10min and when the light came the time was lost and proctor said to continue with what is left and in sjt also for 9min internet connectivity went away so i lost time there too but proctor said give exam again but it was the last ucat of this cycle.

Please advice where to appy? Leicester/liverpool bristol anything like that?

Have you tried filing a UCAT incident report? That lost time would have impacted your score immensely.

Bristol's cut-off last year was 2830 for Home students and 2880 for International students so I don't think you can apply there.

It would be best to look at every medical school's website and check how they select for interviews. If they use the UCAT, email them and ask for their cut-off for 2021 entry. Do not apply to any which had a cut-off higher than your score, as the cut-offs this year will only increase.

You will also need to check which universities accept your GCSE equivalents.

As you said, I think UCLan and Buckingham would be good choices as they don't look at the UCAT. Perhaps also check the requirements of unis such as Keele, Kent & Medway and Edge Hill.

Have you considered sitting the BMAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending