The Student Room Group

Politics or philosophy and ethics A level

Hi guys,

I have just finished my first month doing A levels. I chose politics A level. I genuinely like learning about one section of the course however, the other I like but not a lot. I think it is because in the section I don't like you have to have debates and show your opinion to the class. I have social anxiety so I get a bit flustered when going into that class. Everyone in the class is opinionated and is not afraid to share their opinions and do well in the class. The teacher has high expectations and picks on us. Next week I have to do a presentation for the class. I am so anxious.

Even though, I like politics I don't think I can carry on. So I have been looking at joining A-level philosophy and ethics. But, I feel like I'm making a rushed decision and I may regret it later on. I don't know what to do.

Any advice?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by ffygygyi
Hi guys,

I have just finished my first month doing A levels. I chose politics A level. I genuinely like learning about one section of the course however, the other I like but not a lot. I think it is because in the section I don't like you have to have debates and show your opinion to the class. I have social anxiety so I get a bit flustered when going into that class. Everyone in the class is opinionated and is not afraid to share their opinions and do well in the class. The teacher has high expectations and picks on us. Next week I have to do a presentation for the class. I am so anxious.

Even though, I like politics I don't think I can carry on. So I have been looking at joining A-level philosophy and ethics. But, I feel like I'm making a rushed decision and I may regret it later on. I don't know what to do.

Any advice?
Thank you

Hello, i also started doing Politics but i didn't like the UK constitution topic so I dropped it and took philosophy and ethics instead. Like politics, Philosophy and Ethics is a very opinionated subject so since you like politics i would honestly advise you to stay because you already know what is expected of you. But at the end of the day, if you really don't like politics you should probably drop it and do something else that you are comfortable doing. What other subjects are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest