GCSEs for medical school

Watch this thread
muzdalfaali1401
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi.....I am doing GCSE English language, math, biology, Chemistry, Physics,urdu, sociology but I want to do 3 more subjects.....I want to do medicine MBChB in UK..... Anyone can tell me plz if I do combined science and double science then My total subjects will be considered as 10 subjects by universities or universities will consider total 7 subjects including only physics, chemistry and biology or combined science and double science alongside?
muzdalfaali1401
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi.....I am doing GCSE English language, math, biology, Chemistry, Physics,urdu, sociology but I want to do 3 more subjects.....I want to do medicine MBChB in UK..... Anyone can tell me plz if I do combined science and double science then My total subjects will be considered as 10 subjects by universities or universities will consider total 7 subjects including only physics, chemistry and biology or combined science and double science ?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
The content of combined science is a proper subset of the content of the three individual science GCSEs. Since the content overlaps they won't usually consider the additional GCSEs from combined science and there is no point taking those.

Note that not all medical schools in the UK put that much emphasis on GCSEs and some do not score GCSEs as part of their admissions process at all and just require you get a minimum grade in English language, maths, and sometimes science(s).

Also please don't crosspost the same thread multiple times across different forums.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 7 months ago
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Please don't keep posting the same question in different threads. You cannot do both separate Sciences and combined Science.
Last edited by EOData; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
66.32%
No (43)
22.28%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.4%

Watched Threads