The Student Room Group

Chosing a uni for MBA

Hey guys, I am looking to apply for an MBA in UK (non-EU national). Have 5.5 yrs work experience, decent grades in graduation, and would like some advice on which universities to apply to, hopefully with the tuition fee in the 15-18K range maximum.
The choice of unis is overwhelming so would appreciate some recommendations.
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello,
Nice to hear you are thinking of doing an MBA, great decision! There are, as you said, an overwhelming number of institutions and schools in the UK which provide this degree and it is difficult to find one with the fee range you have specified at a reputable university.

However, I could find an MBA at De Montfort University (ยฃ16,500) - It's a good uni however not as same level of Leeds, Warwick etc. I will leave a link to the course webpage: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/postgraduate-courses/master-of-business-administration-global-mba/master-of-business-administration-mba-global.aspx

I also found an MBA at Kingston's (ยฃ21,000) - Link: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/master-business-administration-mba/

Try applying for a scholarship, I know,, I have been through the same fee issue for international students. Just apply for a scholarship and hope you get one to get into reputable universities.

Wish you all the best, good luck :smile:

Kind regards,
Original post by mindificent.bh
Hello,
Nice to hear you are thinking of doing an MBA, great decision! There are, as you said, an overwhelming number of institutions and schools in the UK which provide this degree and it is difficult to find one with the fee range you have specified at a reputable university.

However, I could find an MBA at De Montfort University (ยฃ16,500) - It's a good uni however not as same level of Leeds, Warwick etc. I will leave a link to the course webpage: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/postgraduate-courses/master-of-business-administration-global-mba/master-of-business-administration-mba-global.aspx

I also found an MBA at Kingston's (ยฃ21,000) - Link: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses/master-business-administration-mba/

Try applying for a scholarship, I know,, I have been through the same fee issue for international students. Just apply for a scholarship and hope you get one to get into reputable universities.

Wish you all the best, good luck :smile:

Kind regards,

Hey,
Thanks so much for these suggestions. I will check them out.
Also, would you mind sharing which uni you went to and how your experience was as an international student ?

Original post by confused.idiot
Hey guys, I am looking to apply for an MBA in UK (non-EU national). Have 5.5 yrs work experience, decent grades in graduation, and would like some advice on which universities to apply to, hopefully with the tuition fee in the 15-18K range maximum.
The choice of unis is overwhelming so would appreciate some recommendations.
Thanks

Hi there!

I hope you are well!

Deciding on what universities to apply to can be super stressful, but donโ€™t panic!

My first piece of advice would be to make a list of what you would like to achieve during your time as a student. As well as the course, there are lots of other factors that need to be considered before you apply to a university. This can include accommodation, location, community etc. You have to make sure you know you are going to be happy at the university you choose. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Also, I would recommend visiting the social media pages of any universities of interest. Social media channels can give you a great feel for the university and what is going on within it. They are also a really good place to ask any general questions you might have! During your search, youโ€™ll most likely find that you seem to connect with some universities more than others, and thatโ€™s how youโ€™ll narrow it down!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Wishing you the best of luck with your search,

Konnie, postgraduate Creative Writing student ๐Ÿ˜Š
Original post by confused.idiot
Hey,
Thanks so much for these suggestions. I will check them out.
Also, would you mind sharing which uni you went to and how your experience was as an international student ?

Hey there,
I was between Edinburgh Uni and Glasgow Uni for Business with HR. I chose the university that I believe will serve me good in terms of knowledge in the field, so I went to Edinburgh Uni. It had tailored modules + the city is great. The fee was OK, but I have applied for bursary and my application was successful and helped A LOT.

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY! Wish you all the best.
Reply 5
Hi,
I just finished my undergraduate degree and have had about 5 months of experience. I want to apply for an mba in Kingston. Would I get rejected ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending