Bella1525
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Does anyone know how to do well on Re Christianity route b wjec eduqas ?
can you give me some tips ?
isabel13x
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I managed to get an A*. Bible quotes are key, as well as scholarly views such as Aquinas etc for Catholicism. For Judaism make sure to remember all the key terms and refer to the Old Testament. This can only go so far though, you have to make sure you're able to complete every question in the time space and each is well-written; for the explain questions, I used a short introduction then four paragraphs beginning with 'firstly', 'secondly' and so on and then did a short conclusion summing up everything. For the arguing questions counterarguing is key, something that got me more marks was after I counterargued, I would then at the end of the paragraph saying whether or not I think the argument is valid and then supported my own point. Make sure you pick a side of the argument rather than sitting on the fence, but you have to counterargue too so it is balanced. Also, make sure to refer to the question all throughout so it shows you know what you're writing about. The structure I used was an introduction, point 1, point 2, point 3, counterargument 1 (then say why it is valid/invalid, you can do this well by using biblical evidence/scholarly views), counterargument 2, counterargument 3, conclusion, but some people include their counterargument in their main paragraphs towards the end of them which could work for you also. I hope this helps and sorry if any of it is not useful, I sat Unit 1 in 2019 (A*) and because of COVID I didn't sit Unit 2 in 2020 but I got A* consistently in my mocks.
Last edited by isabel13x; 7 months ago
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
got a 9 in re by doing lots of practice questions, especially the long questions and regular revision of sources of wisdom ie. bible verses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (83)
19.08%
The paper was reasonable (166)
38.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
27.13%
It was TERRIBLE (68)
15.63%

Watched Threads