what happens if you want to switch paths after an apprenticeship/permanent job?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
and you don’t have a degree or sixth form education? are you trapped in that job forever?
grey-giraffe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, you're not trapped in that job forever. You can always seek out a further/higher education by doing qualifications privately or an Access to HE course. You can even do a second apprenticeship in a different industry, or just change job to a different industry by using the skills you have gained through your employment.
SatoruGojo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey

Even without sixth form education i think you'll be able to Access courses which you can use in place of A-Levels to get into university, or alternatively you can sit a-levels/BTECs privately if you're interested in studying that instead.

You should also be able to apprenticeships in what you're interested in or get a starter job somewhere and work your way up.

I'm in a slightly different scenario but I did an apprenticeship after finishing my A-Levels in 2017. I worked there ever since but when we started to work from home last march i realised that the only thing i liked about the job was the travel element. I decided to resign this august and now i'm applying to uni to do physics next year when i'm 23!

You are never tied down to one thing and there will always be other opportunities waiting for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed