Watch
This discussion is closed.
Louis IX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
in some cases a virulent hostility towards seeing/hearing suffixes that end in male/man/he.
Don't forget "breastfeeding".
Burton Bridge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
It's pretty basic-level transphobia to assert that no trans man is a man. If you don't care about transphobia or think it justified then just be honest and admit it.

We've seen this style of argument over and over for years, just with different forms of prejudice: "It's not (racist/homophobic/transphobic/other form of bigotry) to say do (X)!" The argument, either implicitly or explicitly, is not really "X does not meet the definition of racism at a qualitative level", but rather "Racism is bad, but I think X is good/justified, so therefore it can't be racist!"
It's basic level bigotry to dismiss all alternative beliefs, cultures, evidence based theories and science evidence with a condescending shout of "******PhObIa!" because said bigot cannot make a valid logical argument or assimilate or be willing to respect/accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own.

Odd these people think they are liberal, crazy eh?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads