what's the perfect amount of sleep?

Watch this thread
T3MRI
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
i go to sleep at 1am almost every night and wake up a 5:50/6:45 every morning.

is it bad to only have up to four hours of sleep?
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
yes it is bad... but I kinda do the same lol
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Far too much sleep. Anything above 30 seconds is too much sleep.
username5326522
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
It's advised 8 hours and you're getting half of that.
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
it does depend on the individual, the general recommendation is 8 hours, some people need more and some need less.
have you tried sleeping for longer, like going to bed earlier, or getting up later, and if so are you able to sleep for longer? or maybe a decent nap in the day?
if you are feeling tired with low energy, or are relying on caffeine etc to stay awake then you aren't getting enough sleep
if those sleeping hours are natural and throughout the day you feel properly awake and energised then it might be enough for you (at the moment)
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
It's very much individual dependent.
I'd assume that you need more sleep than five hours though.
Last edited by Rufus The Red; 8 months ago
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by T3MRI)
i go to sleep at 1am almost every night and wake up a 5:50/6:45 every morning.

is it bad to only have up to four hours of sleep?
It varies from every individual but those are guidance that we should aim for but it's never achievable at times.

National Sleep Foundation guidelines1 advise that healthy adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. Babies, young children, and teens need even more sleep to enable their growth and development. People over 65 should also get 7 to 8 hours per night

What is the optimal amount of sleep.......
How many hours of sleep are enough for good health........

Age group Recommended amount of sleep
3 to 5 years 10 to 13 hours per 24 hours, including naps
6 to 12 years 9 to 12 hours per 24 hours
13 to 18 years 8 to 10 hours per 24 hours
Adults 7 or more hours a night

What is the best time to sleep and wake up.......
People are most likely to be at their sleepiest at two points: between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. The better the quality of sleep you get, the less likely you are to experience significant daytime sleepiness. Circadian rhythm also dictates your natural bedtime and morning wakeup schedules
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (17)
27.87%
As I expected (17)
27.87%
Harder (24)
39.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads